• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Our Boy Lohse

8-Ball

Well, keep your fingers crossed. He is going to make another attempt to hold a team to 5 runs or less over 6 innings. I wish I could say I think he can, but I don't think so. Too many hits, walks, wild pitches, hit batters, etc. Our "O" better score a bunch tonight...

I think Lohse's problems are all in his head. He cant shake anything off, he looks like he's gonna lose it out there when he walks a few or gives up a big hit.

A respectable start for Lohse today...and maybe Gardy is getting smart about him...pulled him after five, and didn't give him a chance to choke it away.

I was indeed surprised and glad to be wrong about my prediction for last night. It sure would be nice if we could count on him to pitch like that more often. Strib says they tried a new approach w/ him in bullpen sessions- forget the curve ball and go after hitters w/ a slider, change-up, or a fastball. It seemed to work for him, at least it did yesterday. Maybe it is a sign of better things to come. The mgm't. seems pretty motivated to keep trying different things w/ him, rather that stick him in the pen. Maybe he is and always will be a 5-inning pitcher and that's all we can hope for and expect. One outing does not change a pitcher, however. I will remain skeptical on this one for awhile yet..

I got a little nervous last night, but he bailed himself out of the fifth without letting in any runs. Would be nice to see him develop into a dependable guy.