Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

Cobra

With all the goofy weather and fronts moving through, has anyone been out panfishing in the Longville area? I know I was wanting to go out the 1st weekend in May, but had to get the dock and lift in during the gale force winds and snow storms! I left the cover off for now rather than being blown 2 counties away! Hoping somebody has been out with the temps rising........

Freetime

I am wondering the same thing, any insight would be appreciated. I am heading up later today and will post results on Monday.

Freetime

I was unable to find them in their regular spawning locations, I only caught one bluegill. I also was not able to fish Sunday late afternoon/evening (when the water would have warmed the most).

squeedunk

I heard of some guys doing great on Inguadona this past weekend with the Crappies so I am hoping that they will still be going strong in the area this coming weekend. I plan on fishing crappies much more than walleyes if this weekend ever gets here crazy.gif

Sky Carp Blaster

Our cabin is a few miles away from Inguadona. On our lake, the panfish are never in the shallows for opening weekend. It seems about 2 weeks after opener is when the panfishing really heats up. This could just be our lake, but this is what I have noticed.

Fool4fishg

The fish are in there earlier than you think. I used to have the same thought on my lake. I am on a 300 acre lake in the area that is awesome over Memorial weekend for crappies and sunfish. The problem I have during that weekend is that I do not want to take any of the crappies as they are full of spawn. I never caught them during the opener either, but what I found was this. The crappies are in the shallows much earlier to feed heavily. Usually the 3rd and 4th week of April. After about two weeks of gorging to get ready for the spawn they head back out off the drop and rest up until the water warms to the needed temerature. I usually keep enough of these for a couple of meals...

I am always very concerned for the panfish population over the Memorial weekend. There is an abundance of poeple fishing and the fish are so easily had. Usually during that holiday weekend you get a lot more individuals that are vacationing and not as educated about catch and release.

Remmeber to keep the resource for your children !

Cobra

I got out for about an hour to shake down the boat about 5pm on Sunday. The wind would gust and drop a bit and then repeat it all over again. Only fish caught was a perch in 15 feet of water by my wife. Looked deep and shallow. Thought I saw a small school deep as I was setting up with their noses buried deep. I heard the week before when the weather was warm and stable they bit well on some of the area lakes. So you know the line "Shudda been here yesterday!"

Heading up this weekend for some casual fishing. Personally, I think the fishing is better around Memorial Day....

Cobra

More "Honey-Do's" done! More crappy weather and a whole bunch of guys in Tabaka's looking for dinner mad me think the fishing stunk! Every restaurant/bar had plenty of cars out front. The weather genius's came on with "BREAKING NEWS". A COLD FRONT WAS COMING! I'm sitting next to the fireplace shivering saying to myself well what is this stuff if this isn't THE cold front?

It's always nice to get out and shake down the boat, but the frying pan needs a shake down too! I went out for a bit on Sunday with the wind still howling...I tried for some panfish and dragged a live bait rig with no success so we fed a loon that virtually sat on the boat some shiners.

The only bites I got. I heard the depth to work was 8-15 ft for walleyes. I saw a small school in 32 ft with their noses buried in the bottom.

Good Fishin' this week to all!

I'm stuck at work for the next 3 weeks including weekends!!!! YIKES!!!

Wrong time of year for this.......

Sky Carp Blaster

How have people been doing on lakes around Longville for panfish? Some buddies and I are going to head up to my cabin this weekend and I would like to get them on some fish. Are they in the shallows pretty thick now, and are they biting pretty good?

Cobra

I heard crappies were up on the shallow rockpiles if you could find them

Cobra

Any new word on the panfish action?