• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What did you purchase this year?

Fish Head

Just bait--and I'm fine with that. grin.gif

Oh, and maybe another rod for my little boy...his is waiting at the bottom of Deer Lake for the person who wants to dive for it. shocked.gif

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hanson

• Fish Head

• buzzsaw

• nytelyter

A scoop of Crappie minnows. grin.gif

I almost forgot, I bought a Snickers and some sunflower seeds also. grin.gif

Magellan Marine GPS

Mapsend Lakes Card

Aqua VU Scout

Minn Kota Bow Mount Trolling motor

Minn Kota Transom Trolling Motor

Lowrance X47

3 new rods and reels

Numerous lures and tackle

Timer for Live well

Lindy Buoy marker setup

Now if I can just catch some fish i will be happy - and so will my wife cause she said with all I bought they should be jumping in the boat. smile.gif

I have yet to purchase a lower unit for the one my buddy (fireman) smacked last fall when he borrowed my boat... I may take the cake for the most expensive "must have" to get back in the water, damned friends..... lol

P.S. fireman, if you read this the bill will be on the way...

A 90 hp E-Tech. I hope I don't live to regret it. Have a great season everyone.

waskawood...

Keep us updated on how you like your new e-tec, I'm in the market for a new motor, really don't want to go 4-stroke for couple reason's, 2 stroke for this fisherman. I believe the new 2 stroke technology may overtake 4 stroke rage sooner than we think. Thanks.

Hooked

Aquired a 16ft lund from my father in law. Let's just say the price was right and considering it has live well, trolling motor. Boat just needs to stay in the family.

Gonna pick up a bait caster for running cranks.

Got both boys, a rod and reel.

Also got to find a vertical rod storage rack for in the boat.

A new 7'6" muskie rod with an abu 6600, some muskie lures. (I'm just now getting into the pigs). A house & a dog.

Not enough thats for sure!!! Pretty much have everything I need!!! Just needed something new I guess!!!

A new Fenwick jigging rod-

A new Diawa Capricorn reel-

A new Soft sided tackle box-

Plenty of jigs-

The best thing yet my new fishing/hunting truck a

"91" S10 4X4 with topper and all so I am ready for

anything!!! Had to park the "HEMI" fishing/hunting

doesn't pay for the gas!!! grin.gif

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD FISHING!!!

Planer boards and 7' trolling rods with counters. Gonna try some open water techs this year!

I got a Abu Garcia 5600 with a gift certificate. Bought a $20 Pinnacle UL for panfishing (already has about 150+ sunnies under it's belt after 3 days fishing). Other than that just 2 dozen angle worms and a 30 pack of Schmidts. I'll probably buy more gear the closer opener gets. I need a pole to match that Abu, also would like to pick up a new G Loomis and reel before opener...Come on tax return!

~A 1995 Bass Tracker, with a 60hp Mercury.

~2 6.5' Berkely Lightning Rods

~2 300 yard rolls of Fireline, in the Smoke color

~2 Pfluger President Spincast reels

~3 Strike King Bleeding Bait Spinnerbaits

~3 Strike King Jigs

~2 25pk. Gamagatsu Wide Gap Hooks

So far that's what I've bought, but by this weekend the list could be longer. Since its Pay Day on Friday cool.gif

~Matt Jung

*pedistal seat*

*new marker buoys*

*transom saver*

*drift sock*

*rod holders*

*rod racks*

*8'M/H cat rod*

*new spinning reel*

*put new carpet in boat*

*new trailer tires*

*new toggle switches*

*2 new deep cycle batteries*

*all new wiring in boat*

*new guages tach/speed/fuel etc*

*new Plano trays*

*fishing line*

*rain suit*

*bigger net*

*spotlight*

*700 gph areator*

*new bilge pump*

Along with a bunch of other crap I can't think of right now.

Oh yah, I got a puppy. smile.gif It's a lab/Pointer cross, lots of fun.

And if I can talk my wife into it? a nice new big screen to watch my home fishing movies on! grin.gif I just keep telling her, "I'll finish remodeling the Family room quicker if I had a Big Screen to put in it".

2002 Crestliner 1700 Superhawk

90 hp merc

loaded with new toys!

Let's go fishin' cool.gif

I upgrade my 1994 Suburban to a 2001 Ford Excursion grin.gif

pretty much took care of the fishing fund ! shocked.gif

The only thing, so far, was a new 6 1/2 foot med light spinning rod from Midwest Rod and Reel. Have not picked it up yet.

I also need to get a reel for that (a stradic would be cool), trolling rod with line counter reel, some line and a new rain suit. I should be set then.

as of Jan 1st

1 fish trap guide series

4 st croix ice rods

1 70# 24V minnkota bow mount

1 navigonic premium chip ( unbelievable)

1 LCX 17 lowrance

1 2 bank onboard charger

1 bouy marker set

5 superbright led lights

ILL BET YOU DONT SELL APPLIANCES FOR A LIVING HEHEHEHEH I SPENT TO MUCH ON HARD WATER GEAR THIS PAST YEAR DONT HAVE MONEY FOR NEW OPEN WATER STUFF

OH WELL THE OLD STUFF WORKS JUST GREAT THO AND NEW LINE IS NOT TO SPENDY cool.gif

this is old but i couldnt resits

i have found the perfect woman

i could not want no more

she is deaf and dumb

knows how to clean and cook fish

and owns a tackle store cool.gif

aqua-vu dt

a mo-pod for the cam

vex fl-8

1 st croix med ice combo

2 guide series med graphite ice rods

2 guide series ultralight ice rods

a cute little tiny pinnacle deadbolt ice reel

a pair of the jrs tackle ice reels

some rocky ice stalkers with retractable cleats.

2 new fenwick hmx 6' rods

a phlueger trion

a soft side tackle bag.

lakemaster pro map software.

hmm no wonder my wife gets moody...

Oh well I cant hear her from the lake tongue.gif

Just got my new Midwest Rod in the mail. Great Rod! 6'3" medium with a fast tip and sensive handle. Those eyes dont stand a chance with me jigging this bad boy! Light and very sensitive. The sensive handle seems to really put a lot more feel into your hand. I cant wait to play with it more.

I put a Okuma TP15 (also from Bill at Midwest Rod and reel) on this rod and I think its going to be a good combo as far as balance and total weight. Ill be able to jig all day with this combo with little fatigue Im sure.

www.midwestrodandreel.com

A couple of new Fenwick Techna AV's, a few Shimano Curados, a new pair of Costa Del Mar Fathom sunglasses and far more new tackle than i have room for! smile.gif

With Gander Mntn changing store locations (within 2 miles) they had most of their items 40-80% off. I finally got the $300 fly rod I always wanted for a song. Plus a whole lot of lures. cool.gif

Twin lead-core setups! Tired of watching guys running lead getting small cranks down where I can't catching fish!

Should be fun...

I got away with not spending too much this year. Just some terminal tackle, line and spinners. Although, I will probably be buying St. Croix Avid (6'6" MF) this weekend for my own b-day present. I plan to try using more crankbait presentations this year but have I need from the Rapala/Lund promo a couple years ago, although after a buddy caught a piggy in Pool 4 a few weeks ago, I'll need to get a X-Rap or ten . . .

Aqua-view/mo-pod good investment too. Just they attract alot of predator fish like huge northerns and muskies, kinda sucks when your chasing pannys. Lol not much good on suspended fish either but great at getting a better understanding of the structure your fishing and why these fish do what they do. Also great at seeing what a back of a pike or skis throat looks like to lol grin.gif

What I've bought... Nothing. frown.gif

What I want...

- LMS332C for the bow & transom

- Navionics chip for it

- rod holders

- hand rails for the holders

- Co Pilot

- Spare tire for the new boat trailer

- drift sock

- Yamaha T8

- underwater camera

- new eCollar for the pheasant hound

- replacement for my 3 & 5 woods

I'm sure I could think up more but I'll stop there. grin.gif

My b-day is coming soon so I'm sure I'll knock a couple off the list. grin.gif

I bought a used 16' Crestliner (my first boat) with a 25' Johnson. It came with a trolling motor and depth finder. I bought a sheet of plywood and put new seats in it. Other than that, I bought a new Shimano reel, net, battery, and tackle.

There's no such thing as too much!

16 ft Lund w/ 25 horse Johnson

New reel for the catfish rig

Soft bag tackle box

Large Pile of Lures

Book of Excuses to deal the wife while out fishing!!!!!