Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MNBIGBEAR

can I get the boat out?

7 posts in this topic

Thinking of putting the boat in today in Pike bay. Just wondering if I have to worry about any ice or if it is all open? Thanks guys.

bigbear

I drove by the west end of the lake on 24 yesterday and there is lots of ice on the lake yet. Be a liitle while yet.

frown.gif

Iwas out in oak narrows today and about went in the drink when I hit a sunken iceberg so to speak just about tipped my old bench seat lund......but it was good to be on the water...the ice is gone for the most part around there...but it was moving around alot....shouldnt be long now!!!

Last night most of the ice on Pike Bay was gone, except for some at the narrows. grin.gif

Cliff

Got the boat out today in Pike bay. Ran great! Cruised around slow until I was pretty sure there wasnt any ice floating around and didnt see anything around Hoodoo at least. I didnt head up by the narrows though. Looked like Daisy bay was really close to opening up too. Wont be long now until everything is open I think especially with some rain in the forcast starting tomorrow night. Cant wait! Thanks for the info as always guys. See ya on the water!

The "Eagle Eye" is showing open water! HOw much longer do we need to wait? ( can I plan on making it out to Portage Bay next weekend?) Yippeeee!!!!!! cool.gif

My in-laws have a place in between isle of pines and mocc point and the ice was out about 30 feet and very black. It almost looked like some open water around mocc point. I would say you have a good chance of getting into portage bay by the weekend if these temps hold. cool.gif