Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Benny

Steady to shot????

3 posts in this topic

I want Mandy to stay when any one shoots, now she bolts to the sound every time.

How do I go about getting her to stay steady to the shot?

She is coller conditioned, and she does know her basic cammands well.Just can't get her to stay when a gun blast is heard.

Benny

Put her on a leash and have someone with you. Have the other person fire a shot. When the shot is fired command her to sit. Once she understands what you want and sits on the shot reliablely with the leash on, take the leash off and try it. Gradually increase the distance you are from her.

Benny,

We should get together a little bit and work the muts. Use both dogs and make one wait while the other one gets the dummy and change them up. This will help them wait and also watch. Also the trick about throwing out dummies and then you going and picking them up while the dog sits and waits will make them understand that not every bird that drops or shot that is fired means go for it. I also work in the command," All Gone," when I do not want them to go and look. It takes a little time but does sink in.