Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
freebledsoe

No Crappies, Just Bucketmouths

2 posts in this topic

Well, I got out in my boat on Marion today, took my nephew. I found a nice looking spot with the warmest water in the lake, fresh green weed growth, etc. and started trying to catch some gills and crappies. To my surprise, not a single bite from a panfish. But, 7 largemouth bass took our bait! Panfish worms on slip bobber rigs, light line. Very nice fight! I had never been on this lake before, but I had been told there was a nice population of panfish. Was I looking in the wrong areas or something? If anybody is familiar with the lake I'd like to hear from you. Or just general location advice. Bass are nice to catch, but not open season and I really am trying to get my first spring crops. Thanks!

The bass sure have the feedbags on! Fishing for crappies with 2" plastics last night I caught over 25 bass. Some pannies were mixed in but I was surprised how agressive those biscuits were! The active fish were in the warmest water, 59 degrees.