• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Has anyone been down to Prescott lately. I was down there fishing the dock about a month ago but was pretty dead. even the boats were getting zip then. Id like to take the boat out there on saturday if theres some sort of bite going on. Anybody thanks

I was out there yesterday evening and I counted 13 boats trolling and drifting along in front of the marina and fishing dock. I saw a few boaters pull up a few small saugers. The guy fishing next to me on the dock pulled up two 12 inch saugers. Looks like the bite should be picking up soon. If you head out let us know how you do.

D-Fish,

I don't know the guy who posted above me, but I have personally caught 30 fish this past week in Presscott. Everyone is using blade baits. The bad news is yesterday it started to slow down. This bite will be changing to a crawler bite by next week, and should remain for atleast two more weeks after that. You can expect to see forty or more boats there on the weekends. This is no secret. This place has been the same forever. I would not spend anymore of my time down there. I did hear the crappies are starting to bite on just about all the lakes

I seen what you mean, there was a awfull lot of traffic out there on sunday. And you were far from alone on Monday. On Sunday there was a thick fog out in the morning till about 9:30 and the fish were hitting pretty good at that time. after that it was just here and there. those blade baits seem to be more snag fishing to me than hook in mouth fishing to me. But all in all I seen a few nice eyes come out, in the 2 plus pound class and a bunch of smaller ones.

Right in Prescott you just go right across the Bridge from MN into Prescott WI hang a right then take first right and follow to landing about a block an a half. Or I hear theres a free launch a couple miles down in Hastings but was told its a problem with strong currents and no dock. at Prescott it has nice little docks and cost MNs 10.00 dollars

I had the pleasure of heading down to Prescott yesterday and had a great day of fishing (once the fish were located). I fished by the confluence for about 4 hours drifting and trolling everything in the box and the only thing I had to show for it was 2 tiny sauger that maybe went 15" when lined up nose to tail. Decided to head to other haunts and after fishing another 2 hours on a couple different flats ended up catching a half dozen eyes all better than 2 pounds (and all still swimming). Can't wait for next weekend, lots of fish will have little hook holes in their lips.

Thanks,

Maybe see ya down there. I might just wait out rush on opener weekend and go the week after.

Everyone good luck

That would be a good Idea because it will be very crowded. If you can I would say try it on a weekday. also its legal to keep your Fish right now south of the bridge.

Would it be legal to fish up at the Dam in Hasting this weekend? Or is that apart of the MN Opener? Just a thought in case the Prescott area is too crowded.

DragonfishII,

I'm actually gonna go this weekend. The bud and F-N-Law talked me into it. I'll be in a 16'Alumacraft DXL mainly Red/Blue strips, with a, a, a, "please don't laugh" 50ph Force. I'll probably be just north of the bridge area or at the mouth of the Miss dumping into the Croix.

Thanks for all the info and say Hi if ya see us.

good luck jeff weather might be bad by the weekend. you'll know where im going to be.

I'm just about certain that you CANNOT fish by the Hastings dam until the Minnesota inland opener. I'll bet of the 2.3 billion fisherman that'll be out this weekend, 90% will be in one of 4 areas (Prescott in the channel, Kinni, Catfish bar, and the Hudson channel). You should be able to catch many eyes in the Croix or on the Sip (south of Prescott) without visiting these areas. Start trolling the shallows and you'll be in contact with fish before you know it.