Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FishinJeff

Beebe for opener?

10 posts in this topic

Anyone fishing Beebe for opener? If so, what tactics and depths work well? Does Buffalo get crazy/crowded on opener?

Stay away from Buffalo on opener! I usually try to stay away from there for at least a few weeks within opener! I tried that last year & it was nuts! Almost as bad as ice fishing there. Beebe doesn't have too big of a parking lot, but I think that there is a guy down the road that will let you park in his lot, for a small fee that is.

Hoggs...thanks for the heads-up! I kinda figured Buffalo would be like that. Anyone fishing Beebe for opener? I am planning to head up toward the St. Cloud area early opening morning, but if the weather doesn't cooperate, I would like to hit something a little closer to home.

The bite is never good during opener, because of all the commotion (i.e; boats powering up away from landings, boats piling up on supposed "hot spots" and then speeding away, lots of inexperienced and "twice-a-year" boaters, etc.)...

I just skip opening weekend. The fish will still be there the following week...besides, there's plenty of yard work to be done until the "wanna-be's" are off the lakes...

Sounds like a little bitterness towards the opener crowd eh'?

No doubt, it can be a pain for traffic purposes.

I don't tend to skip opener, yet insist on siezing it as an opportunity to seek out low traffic lakes and find new spots.

So far, its opened my eyes to alot of little gems, that for some reason, nobody knows about.

Thank you opener madness, for I have a few more lakes in my pocket to go catch some slabs when I just want to be "alone".

back it up says you gotta wait for the 2 times a year people,how many times did your boatleave the driveway last year beebe has a good population of walleyes,but they are very weed related,as far as noise bye the access,nobody fishes there anyways,unless there motor doesnt start,,ha ha

Backherup Hit the nail on the head big time. Opener and for about 2 weeks you get the first time boat owners out there.

They buy a 21' boat pull it with a newe caddie suv. Just so they can drive thier new boat into yours. And never say sorry or anything. Seen this happen every year. Sometimes 4 or more times in 1 day. They don't have a Clue as to what to do.

1.They more practice it less busy ramps.

2.They could hire someone to show them what to do before, during and after luanching the boat.

3. Practice back the boat at a school parking lot.

Quote:

back it up says you gotta wait for the 2 times a year people,how many times did your boatleave the driveway last year...

Well geez, Duane...at least I have a boat!grin.gif

Maybe working 60-70 hours a week has a little to do with the fact I can no longer fish as much as I once did...family comes first...

The first two weeks are the best if you know were to go!

I was on Beebe on Saturday morning. That only lasted about 2 hours. I got 1 small sunnie on the line & that was it. I mainly wanted to get out & get the boat running for the first time this year. Then it started snowing. I then called it a day. Water temp was only 48-49 degrees.