• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

been out twice now and can't seem to find any fish suspended where i usually do. water temp verys from 52-54 degrees. there hasn't been many boats out there kind of surprised. might have to try washington next week, after i get a gobbler. Any one try buck masters bridge yet?

madison man-- was at washington yesterday and did pretty good. I would guess in a week the crappies should be hot,if not a little sooner.Good luck.

The Culvert in East Bay at Night, Crappies minnows about 1 1/2 foot under a bobber, I've been using Mini-mite jigs or plain hook. Crappies are about 1 lbs and Sunnies are upwards of 1 lbs. NOW get there early or you wont find a spot to fish lol, and also they should be moved into Buckmeisters Bridge now at night too. Have Fun. Oh if you dont wanna sit on shore boat out 150 feet from shore would do perfect too. ** edited back **

**Added** Now if you cant get out at night, I would focus on the first depth breaks in east bay, that would be between cows bar and church bar, also on south side of lake - outside of buckmeister bridge's bay area - look in 10-15 feet along south shore line, If your chasing monster sunnies make sure to hit up behind grassy island. There is one more great spot this time of year but i will leave that to the few. I personally would stay out of the narrows but you will find some crappies deeper in madison still, there is a good share of shad still piled up out there, look for suspended fish north side of point pleasant and south side of narrows towards miller's point. *** ok that will give you all enough room to fish if EVERYONE decides to go out at same time lol

Well, There goes another good spot frown.gif. I'm all for helping people out on catching fish, but to mention such a delicate spot is a little foolish. I don't suppose that you would be willing to delete your post would you grin.gif. You could tell people that you are catching fish in less than 2 feet of water where there is some current. Let them find the spots on their own. I've been fishing this spot for almost 15 years now, and every year it gets worse and worse. I not saying or even think that it is "MY" spot, I know it isn't. But almost every time I'm out there I have some yahoo come and stands shoulder to shoulder with me and cast withing feet of my bobber. It's getting a little rediculous. So if you would just edit your post, I would appreciate it. I'm not trying to start a war here. There are just too few of good shore line fishing spots left. Thanks, Paul.

Just to be fair to Dustin I see he is a "newbe" to the site. He may not realize how specific details on spots, techniques, etc can ruin a "honey hole" by posting it on a site like this. I'm sure he was just trying to be helpful, but it can get bad enough in a good spot just by word of mouth much less posting this info on a site where anybody with internet access can find and read about it. In the future I would recommend sharing information but not being so specific on the exact spot you are, etc. Half the fun of fishing is finding spots yourself in my opinion.

~piker

Welcome to the Forum Dustin.

Sorry you got slammed on your first post but that can happen. You can get slammed for giving too much information and you can get slammed for not giving enough information.

Thats just the way it is so don't take it too hard.

The spot you spoke of and Buckmeisters Bridge have been fished hard in the spring for years and I don't think you have done too much damage here.

As far as being too specific maybe you were but those who blast you for it are confirming your story and doing just as much damage !

Sorry Dustin, You must have eaten alot of fish to limit over and over and over and over grin.gif Good job catchin the slabs.

Don't forget to throw a few back. Just cause you're catchin them doesn't mean you have to keep em all.

Well to those that slammed me, I know exactly what i was doing, yes i could have used less detail, but hey maybe I wanted company out there smile.gif no Really I thought I let everyone know of a well known spot where they were biting hot, so I can go fish the less known spots smile.gif might catch me out there though after 10pm bringin' in some big ol slabs too. And of course i throw alot back, cant keep them all. And thanks for the welcome, I've been here for awhile i just never post. Anyone with a boat wanna take someone who knows madison well out for some bigger slabs? smile.gif let me know. I just might let a few spots go. What fun is it if everyone doesnt atleast catch a fish? none. Catch ya again later.

~~ It was this big I swear ~~

I got a feeling that you are going to have plenty of company now. You say that you have been on here for a long time but never post confused.gif why did you pick now to open your big mouth! It might not seem like a lot of peole use this forum because not a lot of them post there succeses or lack there of. There is a ton of people like you on here that just come in a read the post and never contibute to the forum. Now all of those people are telling everyone they know about the spot. So give yourself a pat on the back for me. We are all thankful that there are people like you out there wink.gif

lol I actually rarely hit this site, but someone told me I was getting heat for this post so i came back, Would you like me to give out all the hot spots on all the lakes? I do fish everyday and could help out a many people here to some area lakes and river spots. Nah I won't do that, I gave up one spot after it had already been hit hard by word of mouth and everyone that drives by telling others Whoa I seen those people just nailing them you should go check it out, So why not let people here in on it so some good fisherman can get there good ol spring fever going too. You wanna stay away from the crowds, hit up some of the other well producing spots there are MANY around here with these great lakes we have. I could name 1 spot that I never see anyone at and it produces just as well as the one i spoke of. It's just a spot with fish, it wont hurt it any go out and enjoy it. I'm not here to fight so let it be and get out and enjoy some of this beautiful weather and get on those fish!.

Dustin, I am going to steer clear of this controversy, but would be willing to take you out in the boat sometime. I spend the majority of my spare time fishing Winnie after Opener, but have some time in April and mid summer where I'd like to get to know the local lakes a little better. I don't care much for fishing alone and if you are good as you claim at finding the crappies, I could use the help. You can email me at [email protected]. My boat is described on the Mind If I ask post.

I'll hit you a email, bout that time should chasing the eyes and fishin my largemouth friends but can always jump over some slabs.

Dustin: Dont take the slamming to hard,sometimes people have a hrd time with subjects like this.Next time if you are kind enough to help out again,just post everything but the location and you should be o.k. I have at times done the same thing,I thought just trying to help out someone not catching any fish,which im sure was your intent.Long enough,now go out have a good time and visit regually.Good Luck

I have to stick up for dustin on this issue. I am the manager of a bait shop. 100's of times each day my customers come in asking for specific spots to go out and catch fish. Just think to your self how many times you have stopped by or called your local bait shop and asked where the fish are biting. As a bait shop guy I know first hand that catching just one big fish can make a persons day. Dustin was just doing what he thought was a good thing. Good information is hard to come by nowadays so when I hear of a hot spot, most of you expect to hear from me where to go and what to use. This spot we are talking about has been a great spring fishing spot for many years which alot of us locals already know about. It is because of people sharing information that we can pass it along to all of you to go out and enjoy a good day of fishing, just use selective harvest when the fish are biting this good.

We also agree with Dustin, My parents live on Madison and it is only common sense where they are going to be at in the spring. Strikes me kind of funny because not to long ago there was a posting that there was a secret lake they were fishing and doing good on. They told the depths, the bait they were using, etc. and everyone razzed him for posting that and not giving the lake name. So in other words there is no sense on posting anything on here because your going to make people mad no matter what. Kind of sad!!!!! frown.gif I think that if your going to be on this site you should give info and take info. Keep on doing what your doing Dustin most of us appreciate it. Have fun and be safe!!!

lol I agree with Dustin on this one too. It was a good post, cant deny that.

Everybody that slams a person makes it look bad when its sometimes not. To me I get a mental picture of a bunch of people sitting the crowbars waiting to pry every last bit of info right out of ya.

I'm on Dustin's side... THAT AIN'T GOING HAPPEN. I can realize that some people need the info, either that they are on Vacation and want to have fun or have relatives over and haven't been fishing much. I respect that they need a up to date report. I would want one too If I was them, its just the lazy leeches that suck info is what chaps my hide. Can ya tell...I just posted about it. lmao

I don't get what the big deal is on this one. 99% of the shore fishing spots for crappies and sunnies around here have been kicking out fish alot longer than anyone of us has been around. Will continue to kick out these same fish when we're all gone. These spots aren't secrets. I saw no harm in Dustin posting what he did. Most of us here were all aware of this spot to begin with. I also agree with Dustin in saying that some of the best panfish spots on Madison are those areas that you will not have any company at all. Get out and do a little work and you will then have your own little honet hole. Good fishin.

Just to post a couple more cents of my opinion. I can understand the frustration of some fishermen when a spot is given out. I don't think anybody has any personal issues with Dustin, I think you just heard some frustration on the part of fishermen who feel a bit overwhelmed with the fishing pressure sometimes. Before I had a boat (up until last year) I was very limited in where I could fish. There just aren't that many great spots to fish from shore around here. So I can understand people being protective (especially with a spot on a spot like this is). I know the exact spots Dustin was talking about and I also know that they aren't top secret, but they are already fished fairly heavily and posting them on a website obviously isn't going to aleviate the pressure! I have posted information myself in the past on what lake, depths, etc I have caught fish (on the rare occasions that I have been successful). But I am also aware that it is normal to be somewhat protective of your favorite spot. Just to be fair to the people that are now the target of the "ripping" on this post!! smile.gif

Oh I almost forgot. Dustin, I love you man!!

~piker

Well I know that this is a good spot and Dustin was just trying to help people out. I did try for crappies in this spot last night and it was definately SLOW!!! frown.gif I was trying different colors and diffferent sizes but it didn't seem to matter much. I did notice that some of the guys fishing in the boats were catching some sunfish and perch but that was about it!!

P.S. I have never seem carp so huge jumping out of the water before as I did last night. SOme of those things had to be pushing 30lbs shocked.gif!!!!!!

GOOD FISHIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dustin,

Thanks for the advice. I have kept my boat on Madison for the last 3 years, but haven't fished much. My kids were too young. This year they are a little bigger and I would like to get them catching some fish. I know most of the usual spots but I have never known what to use for bait. I should be getting the boat in in the next week or so. I would be happy to take you out some afternoon or evening. You don't even need to show me your secret spots. Send me an e-mail if you'd like to go as long as you're not Dommer Like! laugh.gif[email protected] Later, Joel

Quote:

I got a feeling that you are going to have plenty of company now. You say that you have been on here for a long time but never post
confused.gif
why did you pick now to open your big mouth! It might not seem like a lot of peole use this forum because not a lot of them post there succeses or lack there of. There is a ton of people like you on here that just come in a read the post and never contibute to the forum. Now all of those people are telling everyone they know about the spot. So give yourself a pat on the back for me. We are all thankful that there are people like you out there
wink.gif

I just wanted to say that this dude apparently needs to seek some help he has some serious anger issues. First off the culvert is a well known spot it's not very hidden and second for Dustin to say he caught fish there is nice of him I see nothing wrong with what he did Mrwalleye you need to be quiet and seek proffessional help before your anger over a fishing spot spins out of controll and somebody opens a can of whoop (Contact US Regarding This Word) on you.

I noticed that Dustin only posted the spot after he had caught "limits, over, and over, and over, and over, and over". Not right when the crappies moved in there. I'm done discussing this issue. For me it's over.

If you were seeing the carp in there already, in my experience, the bite won't last too much longer. That isn't to say that it won't. It just seemes that when they get in there and are terring thing up, the other fish move out. They can be darn fun to shoot with a bow though.

Well i thougth i would leave it straight to the point now, and also the HUGE carp have been jumping out there this whole time, I havent made it out there in a few days, since i have been hitting a few others spots, but these colder nights may have slowed it down some, the crappies and sunnies will be in there for a few more weeks, it is just getting the time they are in with weather and moon phase changes, they were really bitting coming out of the no moon phase, and as the moon fills they more likely will pick up, if the cold winds stay out of here for a few days. This rain today will help out the night bite. And don't be afraid of the rain, I got soaked one day catching a many fish.

Thanks to everyone that have stuck up for me here, Let the fish bite your lines first smile.gif

Id still say so what if he caught a lot of "limits." I sometimes do the same thing, I just only keep a select few for a meal.

Ive done the same thing sometimes and say the bite was a week ago. You just have to remember that for next year and take the right notes. wink.gif

But then again there are exceptions to it, like everything else in life.

Quote:

Well i thougth i would leave it straight to the point now, and also the HUGE carp have been jumping out there this whole time, I havent made it out there in a few days, since i have been hitting a few others spots, but these colder nights may have slowed it down some, the crappies and sunnies will be in there for a few more weeks, it is just getting the time they are in with weather and moon phase changes, they were really bitting coming out of the no moon phase, and as the moon fills they more likely will pick up, if the cold winds stay out of here for a few days. This rain today will help out the night bite. And don't be afraid of the rain, I got soaked one day catching a many fish.

Thanks to everyone that have stuck up for me here, Let the fish bite your lines first
smile.gif

Dustin I wanted to thank you for the info as I went out last night at 8pm and at 8:30 we had 1 limit was very nice to see those crappies again 3 of us had limits by 9:30 then they stopped biting was a whole lot of fun Thank you.