Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AJ

Ice/Water Report??

6 posts in this topic

Greetings. Looking for an ice report as of today on Leech Lake (Thursday 4/14). Main lake vs Walker Bay? How is it looking? I am going up this weekend for a late-ice perch run OR a dock-in float the boat opening of the cabin. Would appreciate knowing what to pack! Other lakes in the area open yet? Thanks in advance. I'll post when I return on Tuesday AM.

I drove by Walker bay last night and most all of the bay still had ice. It looked to be away from shore somewhat, but alot of ice. From what I could see there may have been open water but it was hard to tell from where I was. It fairly windy and warm today, so who knows the ice may break, but I doubt it. I know most of the smaller lakes just south of Walker are open, but not sure to the north. Hope thats helps.

Anyone else? I did call up today and learned that Walker Bay was frozen as of Thur at noon. Small lakes near walker? Main lake? Thanks.

I came home from Walker today April 16, the ice was gone from Kabekona Bay ( a few floating pieces only) and the ice will be gone soon on the big lake. Hard to say, depends on rain wind.

Ice is all gone