Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
friendlyfisher

Koronis and Hwy 55 bridge

7 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone has been fishing the Highway 55 bridge for sunfish yet. They should be bitting soon and hope someone out there has tried it already. thanks, ff

I stopped by there yesterday afternoon on the way home from work and talked to a couple of the guys fishing near the bridge. They had not caught anything at that time. One said he was fishing for crappies, but if you ask me, he's a couple weeks early. Maybe he was just marking his spot for the upcoming shoulder to shoulder battle under the bridge.

jdbigeye, you been down there latley? Its kind of a long drive for me and I want to know if the fish have moved in before I go. thanks, ff

If we get a couple warm days that are toward Rice Lake can put out some nice fish. This early it's got more pike in thse back waters.

I didn't make it down there this weekend, but I heard at the baitshop that they were starting to catch some sunnies on sat. evening. They should definitely be moving in there soon. This week will be a safe bet. Might even try it out tonight. I'll let ya know how it goes.

I made it down there this morning. The water level was way to high to fish. You cant even stand under the bridge without waders. A couple guys where there and had a few sunnies but not many. The water is moving to fast to fish. It might be a couple weeks till it goes down. ff

thanks for the report, i didn't get down there. sounds like a boat is going to be the way to go. if there is that much water around, the whole channel from koronis to rice will be pretty good. but it seems that they always like to pile up near the bridge. that system needed a good flush, there has been a big problem with getting between the two lakes the past couple years. but there always seems to be crap floating in the current when people go up river and start stirring it up. that shouldn't be happening with the deep water this spring.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• JeremyCampbell
      Thats a great view
    • Wanderer
      This time of year inside weedlines with sand have been good historically.  Find some cabbage and you should be golden.   Those walleyes could show up here and there on cranks in that 10 foot range too.
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      I do not fish bass very often but have had good luck using straight braided line for bass and walleye. Very few bugs out on the water! Shore bugs usually only out in the late evenings. Very few jet skis and water skiers on most of Vermilion most of the time. Weekend Holidays can see a lot of traffic. Some one else will surely answer your bass bait questions ! Tons of rusty crayfish in the East end that the bass love! Cliff
    • Mr. Basskisser
      Hey guys. My wife and I are coming up June 10th for a week of bass and pike fishing. Staying in Niles Bay area. Had a few more questions, hoping for some insight from some locals/regulars.  I was wondering ab ou how bad the bugs usually are in mid June, mosquitos,  biting flies and no see ums. Hoping when are are out in the boat fishing they will pretty much leave us alone.         I mentioned going to Vermilion on a thread on our local Ohio fishing forum. A few guys commented that it was a very busy lake with lots of jet ski and tubers. I was thinking if I wanted a more remote feel for a day maybe renting a boat and taking the portage to Trout Lake. I know our 40 hp is too big. I was also thinking of trying the river below the dam launching on 8 mile creek. Saw that on an episode of Ultimate Fishing Adventures. I was wondering if that area is limited to 25 hp motors. What would be the pros and cons of each spot?     I know V is tannic stained. We use pretty much braid on all our poles. Do you braid users feel you need a flouro leader when  bass fishing. Here in Ohio our water is rarely clear enough to worry about that.   One last thing what are the go to colors for tubes and senkos for bass?        Thanks for any help info you can give.                    Mr. Basskisser      
    • eyeguy 54
      Cathedral     brown with black specks senko style has been really good. 
    • Tom Sawyer
      Did you access that stretch from Wilson Park, or below Cathedral High School @eyeguy 54?  
    • phishnerd
      I guess a crayfish pattern might work up there eh?
    • eyeguy 54
      Nice area to get the yak out in.  One of the smallies wanted to share lunch with me. 
    • nmitchell17
      Fished spring park today, tried walleye early with no luck.  Switched to bass and managed to find a few in about 10 feet over weeds.  Caught most of them on a chatterbait 
    • UpNorth Bassing
      Hello, I am a young angler looking for PONDS I live in the metro area close to Plymouth. I am mostly a bass angler but love some big crappie and gills. I have lots of ponds I know of and can trade spots, matter of fact I know a pond in the metro that is around 10 acres and stocked with a lot of YES I SAID TROUT and it is not courthouse. I will trade you spots and I love private ponds and would love to get access to some small private lakes or ponds. I am a catch and release angler just looking for some pond bass. I will trade spots with you just message me.