• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

lake reports/docks in or out

Ok guys/gals, here is my lake report for Tuesday4/12/05 and wendesday 4/13/05.

Tuesday drove by the following lakes: Buffalo,Rock,Ramsey,&Maple lakes. all had docks in except for rock lake.

Now for Wednesday 4/13/05 I drove by the following lakes,

This might be long but bear with the info.

Now what I have is what I wrote down off of the public access signs unless I state other wise.(please do not shoot the messenger). grin.gif

clearwater access- bobs bay public water access mn dnr no docks in.

bjs, bait and water front access docks not in.

clearwater access blackpool public water access mn dnr, no dock in.

cedar lake public access on co.road 6 no dock in.

this here is my own observation:

clear water private access on hwy 24 and co rd 39(?) it is just past the co road 6( to the cedar lake access). anyway charge is 5.00 a day(?) and the dock is in.

I then drove around the clearwater narrows and campfriendship road and came out on Hwy 24 and 120th street nw.

I did not find any access to clearwater lake on that drive if i am missing something please let me know.

anyway, I did come across on this drive a public water access for Bass Lake on Knowes ave nw & Klever ave nw.

this does not look like it has a dock, it does look like a really nice quit lake. that might be fun to fish. I do not know. does anyone have any info on this lake?

Ok on ward we go.

Sugar Lake Hwy 24 and sugar lake road off of 105th and 106th and Hoyt ave nw. dock not in.

sugar lake on hwy 7 side dock not in.

also went by indian lake dock was not in.

Every access i went by had cars,trucks and trailers in the parking area's(except for Bass lake).

On Sugar, co road 7 side there was a little rubber raft (boat)with 3 big guys(not kids) in it fishing what a sight.

I hope this helps everyone. I will do another report on the docks later this week/weekend if i get time.

Hope everyone has good luck. thanks, Take care, Lynn

on edit add this thanks.

Anyone have any thing else they need please give me spicifics as to road #s and landings, and I will try to help you.

Thanks Lynn

Thanks Lynn for all your info. Did you get my e-mails this week for shore fishing?

Hi Lynno, Great job, and do you have a job?

Sounds like you really made the rounds.

I went to waverly the city dock was in. didn't

have time to check dnr ramp, or the county park.

Small sunfish is all we caught monday and tuesday.

same with mink to buffalo channel. dog fish & 4" sunfish.

hear of a couple of others, but have not checked it out yet.

Good luck.

CPTNTIM,yes I did get your emails. Hopefully be able to try out this weekend. I have friday off, I have to take Brandy in to get spayed. I will let you know how I do when I get a chance to try out the area.

Jigginjim, Thank you, yes I do have a job,this was all after work. I took the my two dogs with so they could swim thus no report on how they were bitting. I just shore fish anyway,so probably would not be much to report.

Thanks,Lynn

Lynno-

I fished Bass lake all winter. It's a nice quiet lake but the fishing is pretty slow. I caught a ton of snake northerns a couple fridays ago trying for sunnies. I caught one sunnie in about a dozen times out there. Otherwise it's snake after snake if you can find them. I was going to try it a couple times this summer when I don't feel like hittin' up Sugar. My boat's kind of a pile, but you're welcome to join me for an outing if you want. Thanks for all the info on the docks! I was planning on hitting Sugar or Cedar tomorrow. Looks like I might have to get my feet wet. tongue.gif

Was out on Sugar wed. with a friend of mine and limited out on crappies! cool.gif It was a fun trip and I hope to get out again sometime soon. But I don't have my own boat so I have to rely on my friends when they have the day off. frown.gif

"IF I MUST DIE...LET ME DIE WHILE FISHIN'"

Was on Sugar yesterday (Monday 4/18) but the wind blew us off the lake. No docks in yet.

Where are the crappies on Sugar?

lynno62

Where you going thinking of fishing. I got friday off

also, we could take my boat and go hit the lakes?

Dock on north side of suger is in as of yesterday. Sarah was not in as of monday. Maybe I will cruise tonight and check out the rest of the lakes.

Dock on north side of Sugar is back out of yesterday. Sarah was not in as of Monday. Most of the lakes have re-frozen with walkable ice. Winterizing the boat again! grin.gif

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Brianf.
      I'm not there, so I can't tell exactly what's going on but it looks like a large area of open water developed in the last day with all of the heavy snow on the east side of wake em up Narrows. These two photos are from my Ring Camera facing north towards Niles Point.  You can see what happened with all of snow that fell in the last three days, though the open water could have been wind driven. Hard to say. .  
    • SkunkedAgain
      Black Bay had great ice before but a few spots near rockpiles where there were spots of open water. It looks like the weight of the snow has created a little lake in the middle of the bay.  
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   Thanks to some cold spring weather, ice fishing continues strong for those still ice fishing.  The bite remains very good.  Most resorts have pulled their fish houses off for the year, however, some still have fish houses out and others are allowing ATV and side by sides.  Check social media or call ahead to your favorite resort for specifics. Reports this week for walleyes and saugers remain excellent.   A nice mix of jumbo perch, pike, eelpout, and an occasional crappie, tullibee or sturgeon being reported by anglers. Jigging one line and using a live minnow on the second line is the way to go.  Green, glow red, pink and gold were good colors this week.     Monster pike are on a tear!  Good number of pike, some reaching over 45 inches long, being caught using tip ups with live suckers or dead bait such as smelt and herring in 8 - 14' of water.   As always, work through a resort or outfitter for ice road conditions.  Safety first always. Fish houses are allowed on the ice through March 31st, the walleye / sauger season goes through April 14th and the pike season never ends. On the Rainy River...  The river is opened up along the Nelson Park boat ramp in Birchdale, the Frontier boat ramp and Vidas boat ramp.  This past week, much of the open water skimmed over with the single digit overnight temps.   Areas of the river have popped open again and with temps getting warmer, things are shaping up for the last stretch through the rest of the spring season, which continues through April 14th.   Very good numbers of walleyes are in the river.  Reports this week, even with fewer anglers, have been good.  When temps warm up and the sun shines, things will fire up again.   Jigs with brightly colored plastics or jigs with a frozen emerald shiner have been the desired bait on the river.  Don't overlook slow trolling crankbaits upstream as well.   Good reports of sturgeon being caught on the river as well.  Sturgeon put the feed bag on in the spring.  The bite has been very good.  Most are using a sturgeon rig with a circle hook loaded with crawlers or crawlers / frozen emerald shiners. Up at the NW Angle...  Ice fishing is winding down up at the Angle.  Walleyes, saugers, and a number of various species in the mix again this week.  The bite is still very good with good numbers of fish.  The one two punch of jigging one line and deadsticking the second line is working well.   Check with Angle resorts on transport options from Young's Bay.  Call ahead for ice road guidelines.  
    • CigarGuy
      With the drifting, kind of hard to tell for sure, but I'm guessing about a foot and still lightly snowing. Cook end!
    • PSU
      How much snow did you get on Vermilion? 
    • Mike89
      lake here refroze too...  started opening again yesterday with the wet snow and wind...  very little ice left today...
    • Hookmaster
      A friend who has a cabin between Alex and Fergus said the lake he's on refroze. He texted me a pic from March 12th when it was open and one from 23rd when it wasn't. 🤯
    • SkunkedAgain
      I don't think that there has been any ice melt in the past few weeks on Vermilion. Things looked like a record and then Mother Nature swept in again.   I'll give my revised guess of April 21st
    • leech~~
      As I get older it's really not just about sending bullets down range.  Some of it's just the workmanship of the gun and the wow factor. The other two guns I have really wanted which I'll never have now because of their price, is a 8mm Jap Nambu and 9mm German Luger.   Just thought they always looked cool!  
    • jim curlee
      I had a guy hit me with a lightly used 1969 BAR, he wanted $1650 with an older Leupold scope. More than I think they are worth, I made an offer, he declined end of story.   You know if you look at the old brochures, a grade II BAR sold for $250 in the late 60s, $1650 would be a good return on your investment.    Why would anybody want a 50 year old gun, they are heavy, have wood stocks, and blued metal.  I guess mainly to keep their gun safes glued to the floor. lol   You can probably buy a stainless rifle that you never have to clean, with a synthetic stock you never have to refinish, is as light as a feather, and for half as much money, perfect.   I'm too old for a youth gun, although I've shrunk enough that it would probably fit. lol   No Ruger 10/44s.   Jim      

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.