• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Nokomis- Biggest fish of the year (so far!)

Rookie_4_Ever

Hey all-

I caught a "big dog" 5-6 lbs.

Hadn't a clue as to what the hell it is, until i looked up dogfish. Man! Those things fight!

Those fish seem to jump alot around sundown.

Besides this We've caught tons of bullhead, tons of little walleye, a small 2-3 lb carp...

So- anyone have any tips for this lake?

I'm so close I just want to figure out what to fish for and where to do it.

Tip ... fish through the bullheads and baby walleyes and you will eventually catch a big one ?

It works, but there are easier ways .. although it is out of season.. Big Bait when the season comes around .. big enough to detour the bullheads, perch, and cigars.

Hey there Rookie...

When I lived in Minneapolis, I used to fish Nokomis quite a bit. Come opener, find the bottom transitions from sand to muck. There's one place specifically you'll find a bunch of sand... wink.gifwink.gif One morning, wading, casting a jig with a very large fathead, I C&R'd three eyes between 5 and 8+ pounds. Oh yes, they ARE in there!! And to think I was "bummed out" I had to work on opener... grin.gifgrin.gif

Sure you'll still run into your fair share of bully's and bait stealers, but if you put in the time and learn the lake... You will be rewarded!!

I caught a monster dogfish last year with my buddy out of centerville lake. It weighed at least 11 lbs. Just a monster and it took me about 10 minutes to real in cause i had about 4lb test with my panfish rod, what a blast!

greetinz' frum da-hood !

Dogs in my back yard ! ! !

did he bark at you ? ? ?

woof ! woof !

snipe

p.s. 10-15 is the state record !

Keep on BARKIN' ! grin.gif