Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
wormburner

Duluth "Area" Bass Fisherman?????

wormburner

Are there any guys around the Duluth area that fish Bass other than Granny?

Looking to see if anyone else who fishes bass in the Duluth area would have an intrest in possibly fishing a couple local Bass Tournaments that are around the "area" this year?

"Granny", the offer is open to you if your interested! grin.gif

Ely Lake Expert

Bass fisherman in northern Minnesota. No such thing wink.gifshocked.gif

northernnels

Wormburner! I would be interested. Do you have a schedual ?

My bigest obstacle is work. ( sorry I wasn't supose to use 4 letter words here !!! ) grin.gifgrin.gif Later Nels

shogun

I love fishing bass. grin.gif

If you are still looking for someone, send me any info. thanks.

lbirnba2 at css dot edu

wormburner

Here is what I know so far, there is a $55.00 member fee to fish all tournaments in the area 90 mile radius.

(Division 38) 6am - 1pm $160 per team Saturday Mornings

Lake Vermillion Tower - May 21

Miss. River - G Rapids - june 1

Pokegama G Rapids - june 4

Farn Island Aitkin - july 10

Tournament of Champ. - aug - 13

(Division 39) 6am - 1pm $50 per team Saturday Mornings

Ely Lake Eveleth - may 21

Pokegama G Rapids - june 18

Woman Lake Longville - july 16

Wabana G Rapids - aug 6

Tournament of Champs. - aug 27

I have not joined the one above yet, still debating?

These are the divisions, still finding out some info, There are a couple other "no fee" ones I am trying to find out dates for.

Granny

Burner,

If there is enough interest, we should just have a few Bass gatherings over the summer here. Depending on how many guys, we could do some of the lakes on the schedule you posted or some other area lakes. Not sure if you want to turn it into a contest with money involved or not but it either way it would be pretty fun. Besides you and I, I can think of probably 5-6 other guys that would be interested. Let me know when you get it all set up grin.gif

Later,

Granny

wormburner

I think it would be great to get a group of people together that would want to do that, we don't have a ton of "great" lakes around here, but there are enough spots to keep a guy guessing!

A couple of ideas would be,

St. louis River? (divided into upper and lower areas)

Chub Lake?

Caribou Lake?

Big Lake?

You could set a date, once a month or how ever often you can make it work, and all who fish could toss in a 10 - 20 dollar bill to make it interesting and fish as a team per boat, or make it a freebie or what ever is agreeable.

Anyone have any intrest??

I don't think you would have to many guys to have a problem, but would have to check on how many people before you need a DNR permit?

Granny

The only thing with $$$ is that you will need a weigh-in and that would mean live wells and stressed fish. You could just do the honor system and go by length. There will be plenty of competition even without money involved.

1st place team picks the next lake.

Granny

wormburner

No wonder you make a $100,000.00 a year, you really come up with some good ideas! grin.gif

Now lets see if there are any takers?

Granny

If I was bringing in that kind of money, I wouldn't have bought a 20 year old bass boat! I will talk to a few guys and see what day would work best and if there is any interest.

Granny

Tubes

Wormburner since granny and I are always in the same boat summer after summer I'm in. Island lake in Moose lake would be a good one. Big lake decent fishing.

wormburner

Tubes,

I am sorry to hear that you have to fish with granny! HAHA

I think if we put some thought behind this thing, it could be a fun event for all, heck maybe Granny (Ol' Magicstick) will even learn a thing or two? grin.gifgrin.gif

Mister Twister

I have been looking everywhere for the past month for a leauge/club/whatever you want to call it just as being described in this area. I would be more than happy to work with whoever in setting something up. Count me in if this takes off!

wormburner

If we can get enough intrest in doing a "Local Duluth Area Bass Fishing Club", we can set a date to meet and work out the details for all, to make it a fun deal with everyones viewpoints and input on how to set it up.

If we can get even 6 boaters and 6 non boaters, that would be a start in the right direction. I think if it is based out of Duluth, and it was set up to fish the surrounding areas, Duluth, Moose LK, Eveleth, McGregor and so on, that would work for all?

If you think this is something that would work, just simply say, I'm in ! grin.gif

Wormburner - Boater, I'm in!! wink.gif

Mister Twister

Mister Twister----Boater----I'm in.

wormburner

"OPTIONAL"

Also, when you decide to say "I'm in", list any additional lakes you think would work, along with how often you would like to see it take place - once a week - twice a month - once a month? That way we can all get a feel of how set it up.

Granny

Burner,

You might want to get email addresses or post yours and send out that page I made up. That way people can add to the lake list. I will revise that page I sent to you.

Granny/Boater - Wife/Nonboater

My vote would be once a month, Saturday or Sunday mornings.

Granny

Tubes

I'm in. I could either be a boater or non boater. Weekends would only work for me as I live in Milaca but do a majority of my fishing in the western duluth area. Wormburner I have taught granny a thing or two already but I have to admit he has returned the favor a time or two. Besides he won't admit it but I out fish him.........oh ouch!!!! I like the once a month idea or about every 3rd weekend......let me know. If it's much more than that it would be tough for me to make it.

Granny

Tubes,

Isn't the guy in the front of the boat supposed to catch more fish blush.gif . Things will change this year my friends! Back of the boat for you both. No more mister nice guide grin.gif

Later,

Granny

Mister Twister

I'm all for every 3 weeks or so, weekends are good either day. Island (Duluth), and St Louis river are good for Smallmouth and offer a lot of launch alternatives. Sturgeon and Island (Moose Lake) could handle the pressure for largemouths. Mille Lacs is only about 90 miles away as is some of the Grand Rapids area lakes. Not sure what Grand and Pike have to offer but Grand is good size and Pike has a nice landing. I'm open to wherever but am going to be a bit gun-shy on the landing as I just upgraded my boat situation.

Northlander

Chequamagon Bay in Ashland has awesome Smallies!

Granny

Mister Twister,

It must be the year for buying boats. You, I, and wormburner all got new rigs. We will all probably be a little gun shy at first.

Granny

wormburner

Hey Northlander, now is your chance to become a "multi" species angler? grin.gif