Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
unclejake

Whats a Good Portable Battery Charger

4 posts in this topic

I want to pick up a portable battery charger but don't want to spend a lot of green. I see there are some around for $30 or so...but I don't think they are automatic type chargers. I'm looking for one that quits charging once the battery is fully charged. Any suggestions? Does fleet farm carry one? Thanks for the advice.

I have a Vector Charger, Works great for charging good. It shuts off automatically and has three different stages. Can't remember what it cost though. The only down side to this charger is the Fault setting. If you hook it up backwards it won't work, wich is great, but if your battery is too low, it also will not work. mad.gif So if your batteries run dead or close to dead, you need a trickle charger or something to get a little charge for the Vector to realize it's hooked up to a battery. Kind of a pain in the #&%!

If your batteries never run completly dead it would be a good one to get. But I know I will never buy another one because of that.

Oh yah, I got mine at wallmart, but I know Cabelas sells them too.

Thanks CatManLee. I guess I would like a charger that would work regardless of what condition the battery is in...so I'll keep looking before I decide on that one. I appreciate the suggestion though.