Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Surface Tension

Ice Out

11 posts in this topic

The ice went off Long lake in Twig yesterday 4-12. On the average that is early. Any other reports of area lakes.

Lake Minnesuing in Northern Wisconsin last Sunday

Most of the inland lakes in Bayfield/Ashland/Sawyer/Douglas counties here in WI are ice free now. Some of the bigger lakes may still have some floating ice on them, but there is much more open water then ice chunks!! grin.gif About a week early this year.

Still iced up on the Gunflint Trail. It's starting to break away from the shore though. It's looking good for opener. cool.gif

Grand lake, the one just south of Twig, was wide open at 11am today. Your back yard ST.

Pike lake in Duluth was open about 200 feet on the east side and the rest looked like it could be toast either later today or tomorrow.

Pike is usually a late out lake, this is better than a week ahead of last year. At least for Pike.

Longyear lake up here in Chisholm is ice free. Actually seen some kids out fishing on the way home from work.

I was down to the Babbitt landing on Birch tonight. I could not see any ice. The boat may have to get wet tomorrow grin.gif

I heard that the ice went out on Island Lake north of Duluth. It's looking good for opener. I'm starting to get the itch to get out on the water and throw my jig and minnow, catch my first eye of the year, shore lunch and sitting around a warm fire at night with friends.AAAh yes, It doesnt get any better than that!

I was just past island lake today on highway 4. Still a lot of ice, but there is a lot of open water too.

Shagawa and Miners lakes in Ely were ice-free today, Sunday, April 17. They were nearly totally open yesterday. Some smaller lakes such as Johnson and Robinson near Ely went out completely by the middle of the week. Early, but not a record, from what I hear.

Ice is out on Fall and White Iron Lakes.