Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
andy j

tilt and trim gauge not working, Help

5 posts in this topic

Late last fall the gauge for my tilt and trim for my motor went out. I thought it might be a fuse but it is not. Any ideas on where to start. Hoping it will be a easy fix. Thanks AJ

Take a small piece of electrical wire and touch the Neg (-)terminal and the Signal (S) terminal on your gauge, if it goes all the way up (or down) it's fine, and it might be the sending unit on your outboard.

There is no fuse on the circuit except on all gauges (do they all work except trim ?)

Valv,

yes they all work except the tilt and trim, The morning I noticed that it went out last fall was very cold. Maybe that had something to do with it.

if I find out that the gauge is fine, and that it is coming from the motor, then where do I look?

Depending on motor you should have the sending unit on the tilt section of motor, which is where the 2 hanging brackets are. Follow the wires, most times they go inside motor and into main harness to remote.