Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frabillfisher

Deer Poachers?

6 posts in this topic

Down the road from me when you turn to go on hwy 1 from 83 heading to fergus i saw 3 dead to me looked like does laying in the ditch all in the same spot with from what i could get after all the rain and stuff looked like the front quaters had been taken out?..what the heck gotta be poachers if so they were stupid ones to dump them rite there on a main road?what do you guys think because theres no deer seasons open that i know of and who would just trow them in a ditch like that?...whats the chances of a car hitting 3 deer at the same time unlikely i would think? confused.gif

where is 83? Just wondering because I live close to 1.

Call TIP if you believe there is some illegal crap going on.

Don't wait for opinions on what happened. Time is tickin'.

Did you inspect them closely to believe they may have been shot? I have seen 2 deer in the exact spot from getting hit, but never 3 in one spot. But, I wouldn't be all that surprised either. Just last week on my way to the cabin in Battle Lake, I had a doe and a pair of fawns cross in front of me, and they were all close enough together that if my timing was a bit earlier, I coulda had lots of fresh loins at the expense of my truck.

It wouldn't suprise me if it was poachers. Last year me and Kowalleyeski were trying to shoot squirrels on a WPA and there was a buck that was shot and the horns cut off. This really makes a guy mad.

83 is the road goin into battle lake also has the "old whiskey road" part on it...well i would just hate to jump to conclusions and be wrong confused.gif

Yeah I'm not saying that it is for sure poachers, just that it does happen and there is a chance that it is poachers.