Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dragon Fish ll

Good Fuel or not

5 posts in this topic

I filled a 6 gallon red plastic gas can with 2cycle mix for my boat motor last fall and put in unheated garage. unleaded reg. should I dump it or would it still be safe to use.

I'd say it depends. If you were gonna just run that, I'd say it's junk. If you were gonna mix it with new gas, you'd probably be fine. I always mix my old stuff with the highest octane stuff they have in the spring.

dragon fishII -I would not put the gas in my outboard.Even with sta-bil in it,todays gas does not have a long shelf life.Being stored outside with temp. changes,odds are you have some moisture in it.I dont believe its worth the chance of having trouble,even with the high prices.I usually just dump my leftover gas in the truck and burn it with a full tank.

Ok, let's look at the numbers:

6 gallons at $ 2.10/gallons = $ 12.60

Carburetor rebuld kit + labor $ 300.00

Which expense do I want to have ?????

You do the math........ grin.gif

I don't wantr to offend anybody, my point is: why take a chance on 12 bucks ???

I would also say they is a very good chance it is junk. I do as mentioned above used to dump my older fuel in my pickup to get rid of it. After all poor fuel isn't as big of a deal in a truck as it is in a outboard.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• BringAnExtension
      What a novel concept!  Talking fishing on a fishing forum to increase interest and activity.  You may be right, it could work!  
    • leech~~
      So let me see if I understand this? You guys on the last page or so are going to "Lets Save This Forum" by high jacking the thread and talking fishing now!     Dam that could just work? Carry-on!   Good Luck.
    • jriegel
      Thanks guys for the tips looks like 3-4inch stick bright stick baits and bright spoons seem to be the go to.  Anybody ever vertical fish them or live bait? Hope the weather is.good next friday, i have always wanted to get out there and try it.  Bonus is the wife would be happy with some fresh salmon.
    • ducksnbucks
      I have been looking at the gages this morning and the L.F. still appears to be either frozen or have an ice jam at the most downstream gage in Little Fork. The discharge is not working but the water level has risen 3' since Sunday. The next upstream gage however is flowing good and has risen from 1,200cfs to 5,000+cfs since Sunday and has risen 8' in the same period. The Big Fork doesn't have cfs data so I am thinking its frozen but the height has risen 2.5' since Sunday. I would think with that flow and the warm weather it's only a matter of days until they both go.   Other trips like the Black River and Rapid River are all on the rise both cfs and height.   Also, I took a look at the Rainy at Manitou Rapids and it has risen about 2' and has gone from 14,000 cfs to 17,500 cfs since Sunday.
    • northspear
       I'm heading up Friday. Going out of spring steele. I have a delivery route that took me up there today.  Took lunch at the warroad access. They got it closed with yellow tape.  If anyone heads up earlier an update would be great.  I'm planning on an atv but will walk if I have to.  Thanks.  Good luck and tight lines!!!