Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sunrise

Miss. River Guide Needed/ Aitkin

6 posts in this topic

Looking to hire a guide familiar with the river around the Aitkin area...anyone know of one or interested??? confused.gifgrin.gif

I've been there one time and it was last year. I used the Hwy 6 launch. We caught some smallies and a walleyes.

Try posting this in the Atkin forum

I did, but got no numbers. frown.gif

Sorry, it's a nice little river up there. Better when the water is lower. It's a little milk chocolate looking. I think there are more walleyes in that part than smallies. But I have only been there once. I'd like to go back and prolly will sometime this summer.

Do you have a boat?

I used to fish the 6/11 area often. Some fair smallie water up stream. Several areas with wing dams & eddies when low.

As Ebass said, A few 'Eyes in the mix also.

Down from the 6/11, the Pine comes in. Nice water up the pine for a few miles and at the confluence.

What part of the 'sippi are you looking at fishing? And what do you want to catch? I live in Riverton and I run the section from Riverton to the hwy 6 bridge.