Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
woodsandwaterguy

kodiak bows

4 posts in this topic

Anybody own or ever hear anything about kodiak bows. I can get a really good deal on one and was wondering how they compare to top of the line models. Also i was wondering about a whisker biscuit for a rest. They seem to slow the arrow down a bit but are so convienent for hunting. Any experience with these items would be appreciated.

Kodiac- I have never shot one of these bows myself.. However, you do see a lot of them on the market, and I have seen quite a few of them shot. They were relitivly quiet, and the people I saw shooting them were pretty darn accurate with them.. I would shoot it and see how it feels to you.. that is what is most important.

As for the WB rest... for many its a love hate relationship!... some love them, some hate them... its all up to the person! If you do get one, they are easy to tune, they are very convienient as you say, but be prepared to have to fletch quite a bit more!

I myself shoot a trophy taker.

Yeah, feathers are pretty much out of the question with the biscuit, but like dietz said you'll be fletching a lot more. I'm not sure if they're still around, (you see them on clearance racks here and there) but the origninal model of the wb didn't have the slot in it to slide an arrow in from the side. The new models do, and you probably won't have to worry, but just keep your eyes open. The models without the cut out force you to put the point of the arrow through first, or slide the fletchings through backward, which looked like a pain.

You can also cut hairs out of the biscuts to alow for better fletching clearance (I've been told).