Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Silver Scale

Minntac Discharge Draft EIS

3 posts in this topic

The draft EIS for the Minntac water discharge from their tailings pond came out today. Comments on the EIS or the project will be taken by the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency until May 25, 2005. The EIS is 870 pages, yikes. There is a summary which I quickly looked at and it had eight alternatives of which several would put water into Vermilion. There will be a public informational meeting at Mesabi Community College on Wed, April 27 from 7-9 PM. Anyone can attend and comment. The EIS or summary may also be on the MPCA website although I wasn't able to find it. I'm sure the local media will also have something on this. I will try and post more once I take a better look at the draft EIS.

smile.gif

Thanks Jim, grin.gif

"Ace" cool.gif

Here is the link. It's under EIS about 1/2 way down the page. http://www.pca.state.mn.us/news/eaw/index.html

I looked at parts of this and it appears the least impact would be to go to the St Louis Watershed via West Two Rivers Reservoir. The Aquatic, and Mercury parts have some interesting data.