Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ranger sport

Waconia Crappies

18 posts in this topic

Did anyone caught any crappies this weekend?

There where a few boats out there and people fishing from shore.

Yeah I caught about 15 in the back bay in about 5-6 ft. of water. Only kept 7. Using a slip bobber, with a palin hook tipped with a minnow.

~Matt Jung

I know that this may come as a surprise to some, but there are just no good fish in Waconia, and I personally feel like you would all be wasting your time to even fish there. My advice to everyone would be to find a nice little lake somewhere else, where you can have fun and relax a little. I really care about all of you, and I would just feel terrible if you guy's were spending valuable fishing time on a lake with such little promise. cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

He's not trying to protect an investment hehe!

Thanks for the report bassman 186.

Might have to get the boat out this weekend.

Is the Intown Marina open now?

Ranger Sport,

The Marina opens on the 15th. Was there on Saturday, they were just puttin in the docks. Hope to get out Sat.

I was out to Waconia bay, near the fishing pier this evening. Boated about a dozen crappies and four bonus bass (one 19 incher). None were real big but it was starting to be fun, that is until the lightening and thunder began about an hour into my adventure. To make it worse, when I got back to the access, there was a guy who had no clue how to get his boat on to the trailer. I had to get poured on for about 20 minutes until he finally got it right. Theres always tomorrow to try again.

BL,

I wish I had all the time you had to fish!!! MAN!!! grin.gif.

Tom, Saturday morning will work for me. let me know?

Hey BL...

Another Colognite, eh? I've met W.Nutz and I hear Tom is just down the block.... So where are you? Seems we have a little FM cluster out here.. grin.gif

MH,

BL lives just down the street from me(parkside). Tom is the guy with the big Ranger Bass boat.

Jon,

Saturday morning works for me too. I've been trying to talk the wife and kids into coming out around noon or 1 on Saturday, but we'd have plenty of fish caught by then. I will probably be out there tomorrow morning as well before work. Gotta finish the taxes--but hey, I've got till midnight on Friday right? There's plenty of time for taxes, but only six months to fish, and a guy's gotta have his priorities right. I'll call you later this week.

Tom

Hi Fellas

I just bought a new boat this winter and don't live really far from Lake Waconia. I would like to get out and hit some crappies this weekend and next week. Where should I start and what do you recommend to use? (beetle spins, jig and twister tail?, jig and minnow?, slip bobber and minnow?) I have never fished Waconia before but I have a map and have been boating on it before. Any help would be appreciated??

Start in Waconia Bay. That is the bay to the left of Intowne Marina. The bay is not that big so you should be able to find the fish farely easy. I love the little beetle spin, but so do the pike. slip bobber and minnow work well. Hope that helps

Jon

A small beetle spin seemed to work for me as well. The bass liked it too, so there was some bonus catches. I would start in Waconia Bay, right near the fishing pier and move around from there. And Moose Hunter - I do live just a couple houses from walleyenutz. For your information, I am much nicer than he is, and a much more accomplished angler to boot. Look forward to meeting you.

Don't listen to BL. He is full of himself and thinks he's a more accomplished angler!!

You know Broken Line, I was trying to come up with a smart alecky remark to your having to wait in the rain for the guy to load up his boat and the only thing I could come up with is this. You should have looked at the bright side of the situation, at least you didn't have to wash your work vehicle. smirk.gifsmirk.gifsmirk.gif

Did any one make it out after the rain yesterday?

W-Nutz and I spent the whole morning and afternoon in the rain. Caught a few, but size was definitely a factor. Two of them were big enough to filet (but only because I'm good at fileting). Was plenty of wet fun though!