Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
carpbait

Carp in the Mille Lacs Lake area

carpbait

Alright, I know people hate them but they do give some of the best fights out there. I grew up in Onamia and primary fished or speared them at the Kathio Park (Contact US Regarding This Word). I never had a problem getting some big carp there ( 32lbs. biggest), however people are sometimes overcrowded there to properly haul in these monster fish and its alot of hassle to go through to get down to the (Contact US Regarding This Word) to find out there is no place to fish.

Does anyone else also hunt these pigs with fins on mille lacs ? I've seen and heard of fish over 50 lbs and there is talk the state reocrd is in Mille Lacs right now. Where have you had success on the south end of the lake? Any other lake or river systems in the area you've tried? Thanks

Ole1855

I know someone used to put traps in Vineland Bay where the Rum heads out of the lake, I don't know if they still do, but that would be a good place to start.

Ole

carpbait

Looks like those traps are gone and have been for a few years. I used to watch them clear those out and see lots of big northerns die because they would injure themselves so bad on the metal fence while jumping. Carp were huge in unbeleivable numbers though.

Might have to put the boat into that area and see what I can find.

Willy

Carp,

When I have been up smallie fishing on Mille Lacs in the summer I have seen some huge carp around some of the islands on Mille Lacs. I can't rememember which ones I saw the most but I remember seeing them by rainbow for sure. They were huge, I would say 25-35 lbers.

minniwinni91

I see a lot of them on the sand bars on the east side of the lake in front of what used to be carpens so try sand bars nice and warm on there belly

The Grebe

Seen some huge Carp around Isle...Once while out casting the shallows for Pike, I thought a uboat had shot a brace of torpedos at us...monsterous Carp...then we seen one that we thought WAS the uboat! I've never known anyone that has caught one though? Shot them with bows, yes...hook and line...no?

Another place with huge Carp is Ann Lake off #47...when they are in the shallows spawning, some are so huge, they rock the boat when you are anchored and they slam into it.

carpbait

Yeah, I know what you mean with the uboat. I've seen them roll over the dam and make a splash like you would'nt believe. Some don't even fit in the 2 feet of water they land in. I've hooked some that have stripped all the 40 lb fireline right off my reel but I too have never seen someone land one over 40 lbs in the area.

searchingfor55''

Do you guys know any places where they run out of the lake where you can shoot em?

GullGuide

I've seen a lot of really big ones up along the north side of Indian Point. 40-50lb class for sure.

hip_hop_fisherman

Hey Grebe, where on Ann are you talking exactly? When are carp spawning? I've never heard of carp on Ann.

The Grebe

What? Do you fish the lake alot? I hav'nt fished it as much in the summer as I used to, mostly in the winter and I have'nt been there in recent years when the Carp are spawning, but I believe those huge Carp don't just go away?

Get there at the right time and I'm sure you will see what I'm talking about. They used to thrash up in the shallows and it looked like a couple of gators fighting!

Hey, anyone else out there with experience on Ann lake, do the monster Carp still show up?

hip_hop_fisherman

I fish there probably 20 times a year (rough estimate) but I've never heard of the carp. Maybe I'll run it by the local bait shop and see what Buzzy says.