Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Keith_MN

Ninetoe catches the BIG one!

3 posts in this topic

Ninetoe pulled the 'biggest catch' of a lifetime out of URL on Sunday, and I was there to witness it.

Ninetoe demonstrated his impeccable hook setting skills and played the line perfectly to bring his catch to the surface without loosing it. And no 'treble' hook was required for this master angler. No sir, a 'single' hook was all Ninetoe needed to land his catch.

But it should be stated for the record that Ninetoe did use a 'heavier lb test line' than one would consider customary when angling. Snapping the line was not a concern, but playing the catch just so, so as not to pull the hook out, was.

And so the legend of the Triangle grows.

Legend for the above :

'biggest catch' = one large 4 wheeler

'single' hook = tow strap hook

'treble' hook = grapling hook

'heavier lb test line' = 2,000 lb tow strap

In all seriousness folks, I had the opportunity to meet Ninetoe for the first time on Sunday while assisting him in removing a sunken four wheeler from the depths of the triangle. Ninetoe certainly knew what he was doing, which is testimony to the fact that he has done it far to often.

Ninetoe (and all the other IBOT members that he had at the ready) should be commended for their willingness to help out others when faced with situations like these. I hope that I am never faced with a situation like this myself, but it is nice to know that there are individuals like Ninetoe (and the IBOTs) who are willing to lend a hand.

And as an added bonus for the day, Ninetoe (and Jigglestick by way of a cell phone) baptized me into the IBOT fraternity (via the 'clamping' ceremony). The experience truely brought tears to my eyes.

Ninetoe, keep up the good work.

Until next winter.......

Thanks Keith! Me and a buddy went out on sat for a little fishing. Needless to say we got separated and I had no problem finding my way back to the east side of the crack. He , however , had his triangle lenses on and thought he could walk/drive on water. shocked.gif So when a wheeler pulled up to where I was fishing and said " I need a rope, a wheeler just went in right there" I then headed to the scene of the foolishness and I heard a wet and wimpering " hey ninetoe" I then said out loud " Say it aint so" Well it was. My buddy was standing there soaked to the neck and missing his boots! confused.gif Well we got him into a hot shower and headed for the Temple for reinforcements. After a few cold ones and a huddle with some I bots we decided to wait til morning. On Sunday Morning ( comming down) Me and Heffernan ( aka the water walker) then headed out to fish out his wheeler, and thanks to Tim at WestWind we had all the equipment for the job. When we got to the wheeler it was floating wheels up. I then mearly touched it with a 2x4 and it sunk in 10ft of water. I then boarded a trusty piece of floating ice and paddled out. After a few tries we had the wheeler hooked and on the ice with help from the above bystanders. It was nice to see that we hadnt damaged it other than a little water inside. Thanks goes to Jiggle, Puts, Uncle Nutsy, Black Shack and the rest of the crew they had on standby. Thanks again.

On sun afternoon we went to the south shore as we heard from ByGodBieganek that the fish might cooperate. We ended up with 7 crappies and 25 walleye that were fun to catch and release. The ride back into Morts Dock was a little spooky considering what took place the night before, but we made it and that was the last ice riding we'll do til next seasons ice.

Thanks Ninetoe for the entertaining story! Very fun to read! grin.gif