• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Early season lakers in Trout lake?

Just wondering if anyone has any tips for fishing lakers in Trout lake earlier in the season. I think we are heading up there during the week after opener. We are going for walleyes but I would love to catch a laker or two.

Try casting spoons on the rock reefs that top out at less then 20 feet.

I like silver colored spoons best, but don't hesitate to try other colors. Doctor Spoons or Red Eye Spoons work well.

Cliff

You are welcome!

Also remember that trout like to feed at mid-day! 9:30am until around 1:00pm have been my best times.

Chase walleyes and bass in the morning and evenings and trout at mid-day!

Cliff

Hey Cliff -

Congrats on guiding the Lt. Gov... I for one am going to try to stay away from Vermilion for atleast a day because of the chaos. Would Trout be as productive during the Walleye opener for Trout as it would be a week later? Give me a guess. I have downriggers if that would help. Thanks

Peter G. Wendler

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

FrazerBayMan,

Thanks! smile.gif

I would guess the trout fishing would be about the same.

Cliff