Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
T-Dog

All you river rats, "help?"

4 posts in this topic

Heading south from Brainerd in a few weeks. I am going to be fishing the river down in the Red Wing area.Can any of you give me a heads up on what to expect this time of year. Maybe a contact or two. ie- a credible bait shop with everything a guy needs to catch some of those river eyes. May 5th is when I'll be there. Main river? Peppin? Back water's? Will the spawn be over? I'm not looking for you to give me your secret spots or anything, just a little heads up!

Thanks,

T-Dog

Head of the lake by that time - most of the fish will have moved down river from the dam. As for baitshops - Eric at Ike's and Steve Vick at Evert's always know what is going on and both places will have what you need. Most likely tactic will be trolling rigs with crawlers or longlining shad raps along channel breaks.

Thanks, I'll be sure to stop by. When you say Rigs, Do you mean 3-way?

Toby

yep. Could use a Lindy setup with floating jighead if you are in night crawler mode. Some even prefer bouncers. I have used three-ways.