Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bnbrk94

wave wackers for tiller boats?

4 posts in this topic

i broke the wave wacker on the right side of my pro v 1660. does anyone know where to buy new ones or does anyone know how to make them at home? any tips would be great..... thanks...

I made my own last year, bought the 1/4" polycarbonate from a glass shop in the area, made a cardboard template and figured the angle of bend I needed then took all that to a metal shop that had a "break" to bend it. its bent Cold. (a "tinners" break will not be heavy enough to bend it)

I then bought some rubber from the local surplus store and some alluminum pop rivits and a couple feet of 3/4" x 1/8" aluminum for backer for the rubber. even made the cutout for the trolling motor, they look good and work great. all for about $75-80 and a couple hrs time.

I made my own also from polycarbonate(lexan) sheet. I used 2" hand clamps so I could put them on mutiple boats. Great when we rent a boat in Canada and portage in. Just bring em along and stay dry. I used a heat gun to bend mine. Polycarb bends at about 270 degrees F. Mcmaster-Carr has cut pieces 12 x 24 for $17. DO NOT USE ACRYLIC SHEET!!! It can break easily.

Whitecap splashguards at www.whitecapmfg.com cost would be $70.00 for one side. Link to the website is also under the mille lacs forum.