Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nitrotmaxx

anybody fish mississippi around elk river

23 posts in this topic

Has anybody been out fishing around elk river. Ive been trying to get out but don't know how warm the water is.

Ive been out a couple of times below the dam on Orono 2 snakes is all I got to show for it, I wont hit the main river till the water goes down and I get my 12 horse running, water temps were right around 45 degrees on thursday but I couldnt get a good reading because I couldnt get the thermometer to stay down long enuff! If it stays warm the kitties should start up here pretty soon, I sure hope the water drops soon so I can get out!

Me and a few of my buddies have been fishing for the past 2 weeks on the miss and the crow river. we have had our best luck on the crow for big cats. We've caught more than 30 cats already, biggest 15 pounds and the average is around 8 pounds.

I was out scoping it out on mon. around elk river and it doesn't look that high compared to other years. I forgot my thermometer but it felt farly warm.

rooughly were at on the crow?

thanks, Lynn

We were fishing the crow right by the fox hollow golf course in st. micheal, rogers area. We went out again and caught 6 more cats. The water is fairly warm. I found that out the hard way when i was reeling in a big cat i bent down on the bank and ended up goin head first into the water!!!

ME AND BIGD4206 WERE FISHING OUT THERE LAST NIGHT WITH A COUPLE OTHER GUYS HOOKED INTO ABOUT FORTY CATS TOTAL SMALLEST ABOUT 3LBS AND LARGEST ABOUT 14 AWSOME NIGHT STILL IN SHOCK

What you you guys using for bait? I want to try for cats on Sat if it doesn't rain all day.

chicken liver or crawlers on a lindy works well

Chicken liver and crawlers work well but we do our best with cut bait. I was out with ps70mlf and a few others and we slattered them early in the evening (4 to 8 at night). we going out tonight again so i will have another fishin report tom.

bigd... I wouldnt mind getting a line wet out that direction tomorrow.. any way I can talk you out of an exact location? I'm not from that area so I have limited knowledge of the crow.

I would be willing to trade for a future fishing trip for cats(channels or flats).. or just about any specie when your fishing slows down, or you feel like getting away from your backyard.

interested? fisherdave@mn.rr.com

I was going to go out today and was wandering if the river is high or not?

Quote:

I was going to go out today and was wandering if the river is high or not?

We made the trip today from my house to the St Cloud Dam in the Lund, that's high. Sure love the Monti to St Cloud stretch. grin.gif

I figured it was really ripping then it did rain all day on Sat. UGH, oh well glad we have lakes when the rivers are ripping. Thanks for the bait tips.

We fish right in rogers by a railroad bridge off of county road 144, but the police came down and kicked us out cause he said we were trust passing. we usally parked on private property across the street but that guy selling his land so we can't park there anymore. My buddy lives on crow anout a mile away from that spot and there bitin there also. But were goin to try some of our other spots on the crow and the miss. and if those spots produce good i'll be glad to give you directions

Are you still catching Cat's and what area could you recomend for that area for shore fishing? Would like to take the daughters out this weekend if the weather holds up.

WE HAVE BEEN FISHING AT THE OTSEGO PARK AND CATCHING A FEW ON CUT BAIT. YOU ARE GARUNTEED A SUCKER OR 10 IF YOU THROW OUT A WORM AND LET IT SIT ON THE BOTTOM

Have you ever tried the Public access off 39 by the old school house? have seen people fishing there before but not sure if they catch anything.

I have been down at the boat launch and didn't get anything

Did you catch anything after school today?

the boat landing has been good for suckers and is good for cats after dark. ive been catching them down there for the past month

ps,

Are you ready for graduation?

o yeah just means more fishing, i got a flw tournament coming up on the 27 of may and then another one at cass lake on june 25