• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

routing transducer cable on bow trolling motor

Genofish

Question

What is the best way to run the transducer cable from the graph to the bottom of the trolling motor??. I need the cable to be free when the motor slides down.

thanks

6 answers to this question

What kind of Trolling motor? PD would be different than Maxxum.

i just put my new hand control maxxum on, and i saw this question so i wated and wated for a response ......., so now i will ask, i have the scissor mount is there anything out of the ordinary that i should know about???, Last one was an autopilot and i never really liked how much transducer cable was left out, any sugg????? thanks

Geno, do you still have the manual for the Minnkota. If so, there is a diagram in the book. If not drill a hole on the top side of the head of the trolling motor. The metal there is kind of a triangle shape on the front side of where the shaft connects to the bottow head of the trolling motor and is only a 1/4 inch thick(not through the actual housing of the motor). This area is more of connection point for the motor housing. Use a zip tie here to hold the cable close to the motor using the hole you drilled. Then you put the cord up through the handle you use to let the motor down in the water and run up to the top head of the trolling motor. Attach here with zip tie or electric tape. Then you can run the cable to your fishfinder.

Marineman, that picture shows the idea much better than i can explain it. Thanks.