Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lawman

Now don't laugh

13 posts in this topic

I received a gift of a bunch of 4" tube jigs from a buddy. For some reason there area about two dozen pink tubes in this bunch. Are these of any value to us Nordern Minneeesota guys or should I just give them to somebody who fishes salt water? I mean guys....pink?

Crawlers are pink, right?

I was told that pink will look orange the deeper is goes, so I bought a hot pink bucktail, and anxious to throw it.

Just say you were going after them lady fish. laugh.gif

I have had luck with a pink bucktail with a white blade for muskies before. I would give em a try. Might be something the fish havent seen alot of.

I have had very good luck for walleyes using hot pink and glow pink jigs ! blush.gif

Try them in deep water!

Cliff

I would keep them and give them a try. I have fished the Ely area lakes for about 15 years. The water on many lakes is stained and color of any kind will help. My favorite jig color on these lakes has been pink. A pink jig and a leach on Garden lake, White Iron, Farm were deadly. On Vermillion for walleyes when live bait rigging I have had great success on smaller mepps tube jigs tipped with crawler/leech/minnow. My color choices have been greeen or white. I also like the whistler jig and pink has been a go to color. Trust me if you are cathing fish on something your buddies will gladly go with pink it that is what will put fish in the boat..

Pink tubes are my number one crappie getter. Of course I refer to the color as "bubble gum" wink.gif

Dtro beat me to it however his answer is correct.

We professional anglers call pink "Bubble Gum", it's more manly than "Pink". grin.gifgrin.gif

By the way, it will catch fish on Vermilion. smile.gif

"Ace" cool.gif

OK, Ace...bubblegum it is....How 'bout them Vikes!

I also use the pink....sometimes I will put a pink hook on a lindy rig...and it can sometimes do the job....who cares what color..as long as it puts fish in the boat!!!

Terry,

My deepest thanks for correcting the dip in the testosterone level on this post. We have to help each

other out, when the natural order of things runs amuck.

Oh, my son Skyler absolutely slams the crappie on a white and BUBBLEGUM colored jig in the spring.

Doug

Your welcome Doug,

We all have to look out for each other, we can't have people going around telling everyone that my favorite color is "Pink". grin.gifgrin.gif

I also happen to have some "Bubble gum" colored Muskie baits that were custom painted for me, Oh the things we do to catch fish. grin.gif

"Ace" cool.gif

Going forwared I shall now refer to jigs and lures of this nature at "bubble gum"