Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
ccmonsr

reports from 4 mile bay area?

Wiskers

I will be getting up there around noon Friday..

Jon... We will try not to land any real big ones before you get there so you dont feel left out.. LOL....

LEECH21

walleyejon, I want to thank you again for taking us out on Sunday. It was a blast. You were absolutely right that these fish can really put up a fight! We used the GPS to get us back on the fish on Moday and Tuesday. In the three days up there we ended up with a 58",52",51",50",48" two 46", a 44" and a ton others smaller than that! My arms were getting sore from the fish...not a bad complaint! HA HA! I'll try to get some of the pics up on here soon. Thanks again Jon for all you did. Oh yea, on Monday we searched the island for your hat, but didn't have any luck. wink.gif

topcat3820

Alright, I know Stu will never figure it out without me going to his house again so here you go!!!

ssturgeon0aw.jpgstussturg28yv.jpg

TC beer12jy.gif

Wiskers

Ok that is a nice fish.... but Stu is still not getting any better looking...LOL....

Ok so now we have a goal to beat, 65".. were gonna get r done...

walleyejon

Leech, I kinda figured you guys wouldn't regret the long drive. Did Scotty finally get one with some shoulders? You guys didn't run out of crawlers did ya? I'm glad you had such a blast, and I'll be looking for some pics......

That was the first time I ever wore that hat outside too. If anyone catches a sturgeon wearing a camo outback style hat, its mine.

Kjos

hey, what else is there to do at work????

LEECH21

Scott did get into a bigger one. I think his biggest of the trip went 51". No we didn't run out of crawlers, but we were getting close. It's amazing how 24 dozen crawlers can fly by in three days when you are catching fish!

Heres my biggest sturgeon at 50" caught on Tuesday

scan9ea.jpg

Here's the biggest one from the trip. It went 58"

scan00016uf.jpg

Sorry the pics are so BIG...I'm not sure how to resize yet?

Wiskers

Nice fish..........looks like the weather could have been better...

topcat3820

Anybody been out there lately. Some of us stir-crazy Canadians are looking to come down and knock the rust off before we've gotta' start fighting little old channel cats again on the Red. Season doesn't open up here 'till the 14th ! cya9ci.gif

TC beer12jy.gif

topcat3820

C'mon, anybody out there at all confused.gif??? We're heading down Friday morning and would like to see what's happening out there!

TC beer12jy.gif

Perch Jerker

Cold, snowy, hard west wind, tight lipped fish last weekend.

Our group (15-20 of us)usually does very well and catches 5-10 sturgeon per person per weekend,...

our whole group caught 5 sturgeon for 2.5 days of fishing.

Like I said, it was a rough weekend.

PJ

topcat3820

So I take it you were marking fish but couldn't get them to go ? Doesn't surprise me with the snow, wind, and generally crappy weather on the weekend, though! I'm thinking they'll probably turn on again now that it's decent weather.

On a side note, where exactly is the launch at Baudette, or should I launch elsewhere to fish 4 mile and surounding area?

I see somebody got lucky with a nice 65", though!!!

00000913jo.jpg

TC beer12jy.gif

LEECH21

Nice fish!

I can only sit and dream about next year....gotta beat my 50 incher, LOL

Hibbing

The latest pic that is posted is of myself and my fishing partner. I sent a copy to the DNR office in Baudette but did not expect it to show up on here. Guess I better be careful what I do with my pics.

topcat3820

Sorry Hibbing, just don't sue for copyright infringement grin.gif!!! Stu McKay at Cats on the Red up here had it e-mailed to him and he sent it my way. Nice fish, hope I hook her this weekend!

Did I at least get the measurements right?

TC

Hibbing

65" x 32" to be exact. DNR figures ir weighed 98 lbs. I'm not sure how you would convert that kilograms smile.gif !

It was the biggest fish I've ever caught - at least until next season!