• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2 Transducers on back of boat?

Bluegoose

Question

Could anyone tell me if I would get alot of interference running 2 sonars at the same time with both transducers on the back of the boat? I bought a Lowrance X100C and was in the process of mounting it and started to wonder if I could leave my old Humminbird transducer where it is and move the sonar unit itself up towards the front of the boat for my wife to watch and use. Transducers would be approx. 4 feet apart from each other. I'm worried that with both running at the same time, there could be too much interference? Has anybody tried this? Thanks!

2 answers to this question

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Its possible to run more then one ducer off the back of your boat. I do it and they get along fine. I don't have any experience with your combination of sounders so I can't say how they'll do together. Give it a try, if your old Bird whacks out its no biggy.

Thanks for the reply...I decided to give it a try and left the old Humminbird transducer where it is...Like you said, nothing to lose...Can take it off later if there is too much interference...Hope to get out today if it's not too windy to give it a try...Thanks again...