Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CrappieJohn

Fishermans Inn Landing....

6 posts in this topic

want to take a minute to remind those who use Fisherman's Inn landing that this is NOT a free launch site. Things have changed from last year as well.

If you launch and park in the spaces at roadside, the fee is 3.00.

If you launch and prefer lot parking, the fee is 5.00.

The annual fee has increased to 50.00.

Remember that towing is possible for non-paying violaters and that the annual pass is good only for ONE boat. Lending the pass will result in revocation!

While this launch site may be handy, the public (free) site is at the other end of the lake near the power dam. As yet the Sandy Point launch site is not open.

I think the Sandy Point access is a joke! A guy really has to back her in a long way just to get the boat off the trailer. Unless you want to wade in the muck/silt I wouldn't use that ramp much. I'm sure some guys will still prefer to use it but the Ponderosa ramp is by far a much better facility!

Tom, does Fisherman's Inn still have the honor box or will they have an attendant. Also how do they know if you paid or not? Is there some kind of window tag showing you paid.

Another thing when the water is low you have to be careful not to back in too far because your trailer wheels will fall off the end of the concrete ramp and then you got trouble.

Its well monitored. I think they will be writing the trailer reg. number on season passes this year. Those with no number or a different trailer than what is on the pass, invalidates the pass. As for day users, they know whos paid and hasn't.

The sort ramps? Buy a smaller boat. The lake isn't so big that they need those tuna skows out there anyway.

I use ponderosa to launch anymore. I'd be willing to use and pay for the fisherman's inn one if it was kept in better shape quality I believe. The drop off and lack of good docks at times combined with lack of good parking when its busy and difficulty turning around all contribute towards this position.

I think people would have to be crazy to pay money to load a boat where the "skiers" own the water. I'm not trying to cause an uproar...but it is amazing how rude people can be around that landing. i'll wait in line an hour at ponderosa, much nicer people.

Kicker

I don't fish afternoons or weekend out there. This landing has it's benefits so I use it, but you are right. The ski club is a pain in the rear and it would be nice to see them relocated to somewhere else.... like Florida.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• ANYFISH2
      7/20 day 6 Today was was the feast day. Spending most of the day hanging on shore visiting and eating the weeks catch of fish for lunch and burgers and salads for supper.  Some water time for the kids and the wife.  Avas' parents also drive up to spend the evening around the fire.  It was quite the family affair.   Fishing today was targeted towards finding the big panfish for my folks to catch.  This plan was an utter failure.  Both boats out this evening and no one could find the panfish!  Frustrating to say the least. I decided late in the evening to go back after walleyes to try and put the folks on some fish.  I ended up boating only 1 northern 20", Dad landed a 18", 17", and 14" walleye, while mom boated a 14" walleye, and 2, 8" bluegills.  Not bad for a fall back plan the last hour and a half.   7/21 day 7   Today was a day to say goodby to My folks and the borther and sister inlaw.  As well as to start to sad action of packing up and being ready for our trip back home early the next morning. Our late afternoon was interupted by a nice strong thunderstorm that would rattle cabins, dump a ton rain, and light a couple of trees on fire around the lake from lightning strikes!  Also leaving us without power for 7 hrs.  It was a good storm. With the kids off to a movie, and the in laws on shore with boat.  It was just me off to lake for one last fishing outing after the storm.  With only a little over an hour fish i hit our standard walleye spot.  With old faithful providing me with two small walleyes 12" and 14".  The darkness came and fishing for the week was over.    
    • curt quesnell
      I was to Graceton a couple of times and saw the boats but never saw the fish. I really like that are but missed it this year. Bouncers in reeftops is hot as heck right now. Lemms was loaded with big biters yesterday. Good plan. I have been jigging out in the mud, more and more fish out deep every day. Good luck
    • srj
      Hey Curt, not me. But I might get over that way tomorrow as I'm coming up this afternoon. Depending on the wind, I hope to go reef hopping pulling bouncers rather than trolling. I'm curious if the big school is still sitting over east of LP, more or less in front of the Graceton cut. It was a big bunch of fish. A week or so of stable weather would sure be nice. The only  time the wind seems to blow from the same direction for more than a day is if it is somewhere out of the north.
    • curt quesnell
      Nice fish and plenty of them is what has been happening this week. Almost as many slots as keepers.  We have been jigging but pulling spinners or cranks works great too. One of the attached pics is what is showing up in the deep mud, mostly Saugers now but more Walleyes and tons more fish piling in the next few weeks. Joe Paradis from Plummer Mn out with me this morning behind the fish board and, from Thursday fishing buddy Mike Lindholm with the biggest, fattest, best looking 25 incher I have seen in a while. Having plenty of fun fishing in the wind
    • curt quesnell
      Thanks for the reports. Steve, were you at Long Point today? I saw a Stratos
    • certified jumbo
      Bugs have been brutal all summer up their.   Glad you had fun!!!
    • JBMasterAngler
      Well, we went back up there to make up for last month. There was no making up anything! Bugs were horrendous, and the fishing was slow to nonexistent. The biggest point of going back up was to fish West Bearskin and Two Island lakes, and we didn't make it to either this time around either.    We still had lots of fun. Did a lot of hiking and sightseeing, particularly on the way up and he way home. Seen a lot of things I've never seen before. Was nice to sit out by the harbor and eat Sven & Ole's. Definitely a lot more people up there in July, as opposed to June. Well, we'll be back in October. 
    • monstermoose78
      Yeah I like decoys this thread used have some on here. I will try to hit a show Thank you
    • delcecchi
      BTW the "no fish on my spots" was just a riff on Tom''s "no fish under my dock".  Sorry for any confusion.  I'm not much of a musky fisherman, so wouldn't know if there are or not, really.
    • delcecchi
      It spit her out after the first bite..