Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CrappieJohn

Fishermans Inn Landing....

6 posts in this topic

want to take a minute to remind those who use Fisherman's Inn landing that this is NOT a free launch site. Things have changed from last year as well.

If you launch and park in the spaces at roadside, the fee is 3.00.

If you launch and prefer lot parking, the fee is 5.00.

The annual fee has increased to 50.00.

Remember that towing is possible for non-paying violaters and that the annual pass is good only for ONE boat. Lending the pass will result in revocation!

While this launch site may be handy, the public (free) site is at the other end of the lake near the power dam. As yet the Sandy Point launch site is not open.

I think the Sandy Point access is a joke! A guy really has to back her in a long way just to get the boat off the trailer. Unless you want to wade in the muck/silt I wouldn't use that ramp much. I'm sure some guys will still prefer to use it but the Ponderosa ramp is by far a much better facility!

Tom, does Fisherman's Inn still have the honor box or will they have an attendant. Also how do they know if you paid or not? Is there some kind of window tag showing you paid.

Another thing when the water is low you have to be careful not to back in too far because your trailer wheels will fall off the end of the concrete ramp and then you got trouble.

Its well monitored. I think they will be writing the trailer reg. number on season passes this year. Those with no number or a different trailer than what is on the pass, invalidates the pass. As for day users, they know whos paid and hasn't.

The sort ramps? Buy a smaller boat. The lake isn't so big that they need those tuna skows out there anyway.

I use ponderosa to launch anymore. I'd be willing to use and pay for the fisherman's inn one if it was kept in better shape quality I believe. The drop off and lack of good docks at times combined with lack of good parking when its busy and difficulty turning around all contribute towards this position.

I think people would have to be crazy to pay money to load a boat where the "skiers" own the water. I'm not trying to cause an uproar...but it is amazing how rude people can be around that landing. i'll wait in line an hour at ponderosa, much nicer people.

Kicker

I don't fish afternoons or weekend out there. This landing has it's benefits so I use it, but you are right. The ski club is a pain in the rear and it would be nice to see them relocated to somewhere else.... like Florida.