Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
96trigger

Handgun Permit?

6 posts in this topic

I won a handgun at a Turkey banquet last weekend and was wondering where I go to get the permit, court house, cop shop etc.. It's a little bit of a weird situation, I live in Olmstead county and will be moving to Wabasha County in 2 weeks. Do they mail the permit to the home? If so, I want to wait until after I move so it gets sent to the right address. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet.

At least here in Todd County, I had to go to the sheriff's department to get an application. I just did it a week or so ago, haven't even filled it out yet. I'm planning on purchasing a pistol sooner or later.

Try the local PD first, they should be the ones to deal with the permits.The county shariff wont handle them unless your in a rural area, with a county address.

Benny

Yep, City police will do it....

it falls under who ever has jurisdiction where you live, city or county.

It might be easier (and less frustrating) for you to wait to apply untill you move. There is an turn around time for the department to complete their investigation (assuming they are operating under the old law and not the one which our court of appeals found unconstitutional).

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• BringAnExtension
      What a novel concept!  Talking fishing on a fishing forum to increase interest and activity.  You may be right, it could work!  
    • leech~~
      So let me see if I understand this? You guys on the last page or so are going to "Lets Save This Forum" by high jacking the thread and talking fishing now!     Dam that could just work? Carry-on!   Good Luck.
    • jriegel
      Thanks guys for the tips looks like 3-4inch stick bright stick baits and bright spoons seem to be the go to.  Anybody ever vertical fish them or live bait? Hope the weather is.good next friday, i have always wanted to get out there and try it.  Bonus is the wife would be happy with some fresh salmon.
    • ducksnbucks
      I have been looking at the gages this morning and the L.F. still appears to be either frozen or have an ice jam at the most downstream gage in Little Fork. The discharge is not working but the water level has risen 3' since Sunday. The next upstream gage however is flowing good and has risen from 1,200cfs to 5,000+cfs since Sunday and has risen 8' in the same period. The Big Fork doesn't have cfs data so I am thinking its frozen but the height has risen 2.5' since Sunday. I would think with that flow and the warm weather it's only a matter of days until they both go.   Other trips like the Black River and Rapid River are all on the rise both cfs and height.   Also, I took a look at the Rainy at Manitou Rapids and it has risen about 2' and has gone from 14,000 cfs to 17,500 cfs since Sunday.
    • northspear
       I'm heading up Friday. Going out of spring steele. I have a delivery route that took me up there today.  Took lunch at the warroad access. They got it closed with yellow tape.  If anyone heads up earlier an update would be great.  I'm planning on an atv but will walk if I have to.  Thanks.  Good luck and tight lines!!!