• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The 2005 Chicago White Sox will........

buzzsaw

Continue to blow games that any average bullpen would have saved! Nicejob in the 9th against the Indians tonight! Go Takatsu or whatever his name is!! Thats one Harrelson probably had in the books eh Windy City fella?

I'm pretty sure I heard Coco Crisp saying "You can put it on the board yessssss" after the game! You and backherup ought to form a bond, we'll call it the league of losers! smirk.gifshocked.gif

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• buzzsaw

• Windy City Walleye Hunter

• mnvikingsfreak

• fishyguy

Buzz, go easy on windy city, its a long season and we have to save some bashing for later when thier clubhouse falls apart or there pithing staff imploads.

Chicago got a freebie last night in the 9th trailing 3-0 they won 4-3 thanks to Cleavlands whickman. So tonight Chicago returned the favor. ff

Hey Buzz,

Twinkies had a nice season opener eh?

The baseball gods giveth and the baseball gods taketh away!

We won one yesterday that we deserved to lose and lost one today that we deserved to win. Any predictions on this weekend, I know that I have my silver and black broom ready. Sunday should be a honey of a game with Buehrle and Santana going at it in the baggie dome. Hopefully I will be chanting with the Hawkeroo...SOX WIN SOX WIN SOX WIN !

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD.....YES!

Hey windy, What do you have to say about your new catcher A.J. Pierzynski. I loved him when we had him but we had a guy name Joe Mauer comming up. Plus we go a good "closer" for him. Im sure you like him so far, seeing how he hit one out tonight. ff

Sweet! I got Windy sucked into my trap! laugh.gif I'm obviously just having fun with you, it will be a long season and I thought we could get a thread going to go back and forth on our teams. I say Twins take 2 of 3 games and your broom goes back into the closet. shocked.gif

gross_18.gif

Hey Buzzsaw,

I got a new avatar picture for you. shocked.gif

aparisei8pn.jpg

Sorry, I don't even follow hockey, but I couldn't resist. Agree with you on the Twins taking 2 of 3. Can't believe Windy even thought of bring the broom out of the closet.

Brooms?!??!?! Windy, you have got to be kidding?!?!??!??!

You can put the broom back into the closet until the Sox play Kansas City.

2 outta 3 to the Twins. Sundays match up is gonna be a good one.

boilerguy,

I agree, Chicago will get swept by KC. Although they might get swept by the Twins first. That is the only question.

No question about it Twins are going to sweep the White Sox this weekend thanks to a good start to the series by Kyle Lohse. The rivalry will defanetly grow after this one.

You spoke too soon...

White Sox beat Twins

"White Sox top Twins with pair of homers..."

"Konerko and Rowand go deep in sixth inning..."

"Kyle Lohse...fell victim to the long ball...after a Jermaine Dye single, Aaron Rowand ended Lohse's night with one out in the sixth on his first home run of the season..."

twins don't look so good, having pitching problems, can't hit with runners on base, and there fielding sucks, but it will all come together. we need a good outing from mr cy young on national TV sunday night. the bad news is that silva may need surgery, and could be out a long time.

Quote:

Continue to blow games that any average bullpen would have saved!... Go Taguchi or whatever his name is!!

I'm sure you know his name now...Shingo Takatsu. He got his second save against your Twins last night...Radke and Twins lose again. (B. Radke, 0-2, 6.08 ERA).

One game away from that sweep... grin.gif

Its not looking good on the opening weekend.

Oh yeah, can you say SANTANA. He needs to pick the team up tonight.

HELLO BUZZ and the rest of you Twinkie-Loving FM'ers!

Can any of you Minnesota regulars tell me where I can pick up a few brooms in the Minneapolis area tonight, maybe around 9 pm or so. I think I may need them. Got to love my boys just spankin' than Twinkie ARSE! Should be a good one tonight with Buerhle and Santana going I expect about a 2 hr game with maybe three runs total. Of course I also fully expect my beloved Pale Hose to have 2 of those three runs!

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD.....YES!

I got just one question for Buzz, Down 2, Boiler, Cody and the Goose....WHOSE...YOUR....DADDY? Tonight it will be Mr. Mark Buehrle!

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES!

Hey Back Her Up,

Thanks for watching my back amongst all these poor misguided Twinkie lovers. I hope that some of the Windy City boys can help you and the Tigers this year, though not too much as I would hate to see them pass my beloved Pale Hose, but I would love to see them finish 2nd and be ahead of the Twinkies! Later, dude. Curt

Windy, I wondered when your would chime in. Thought for a second you forgot the sox beat the twins. Its nice to be the team that everyone hates, this usually happens after you have won alot of games or devision titles. tongue.gif Which reminds me, I sure you hate North Carolina for the same reasons.

As for brooms, forget it, santana and primetime only means one thing. A three or four hitter with maybee one or two runs. See ya at the game. ff

Well, I can empathize with your feelings. I'd like to finish first myself...but, second to the White Sox would still be an improvement over last year and they would still be on track. Just as long as we both finish ahead of those playfully hated and grossly over-rated Twins...

Friendly,

I hate to disagree with you but if you check one of the past threads on here you will see that I am not an Illini fan. I went to Northern Illinois University and two of my buddies went to Illinois and I love it when they lose. I actually predicted North Carolina's victory, by 7 points, I was two points off. I love North Carolina since it produced Chicago's greatest athlete of all time, one Michael Jeffrey Jordan. Talk to you soon, right after my beloved Pale Hose finish spankin' the ARSE of those Twinkies.

Back Her Up, hopefully Maggs, Farnsworth and the boys can help you to spank those Twinkies, just like my beloved Pale Hose are in the process of doing right now. Later, Curt

firendlyfisher writes:

Quote:

Windy, I wondered when you would chime in...

...As for brooms
(available in short quantities at Menards)
, forget it
(!!??)

See ya at the game. ff

Unless you're a White Sox fan, I question why any Twins fan would want to go to that game? That stadium sucks. (See "Comerica Park" for a beautiful stadium)

The Twins will be exposed on national television...

Santana (1-0, 7.20 ERA!) won't be "on" tonight and will lose with no run support or bullpen help. I predict they lose 5-1 and Santana goes 5 1/3 innings, throws 98 pitches, gives up 4 runs (leaving his ERA at 6.97), strikes out 4, walks 4 and gets hit in the shoulder with a line drive off the bat of Joe Crede in the middle of the 5th and has to go on the 15-day D.L... grin.gif

BTW: Tigers come to Minnesota on Tuesday for 3 games, now that will be fun!

Backerup, Yes the dome is terrible but that does not stop a fan from seeing his favorite team. Once again, I never said the twins were a perfect team. They have their problems with run support and maybe defence but we will see who is on top at the end of the year. ff

It's nice to see Windy and Backherup have cuddled up to each other, IF your two teams were actually competing for division titles year after year I doubt that would be the case. When I think of you two I think about the scene from Tommy Boy where Farley says "Those aren't pillows"!! That would be you guys! grin.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

Kudos to Detroit and the White Sox for their nice starts but I have three questions for Windy and Cantbackitup....

1) When will the White Sox figure out they still don't have any heart and fade away for the 3rd year in a row?

2) When will the Tigers fade away as the truely talented teams take over?

3) Backherup, where have you been? There are many unanswered questions from previous threads (including football) that you failed to respond to since you were last heard from. Nice of you to pop back into the picture when things go bad for our Twinks.

Again, congrats on your start, but a long way to go.

WOW... bottom of the 7th inning here and all the ESPN announcers have talked about is how Santana has dominated the White Sox with his great change up and that 95 mph fast ball! It's 5-2 and all I can say is I hope "Cantbackitup" and "Windy City Beyaaa" keep their heads tucked under the covers... it's a scary place out in reality land!

In comes Rincon.... lets see how the BP does tonight... oh oh Everett strikes out!! Konerko works a walk... Dye cries after striking out!! Boo Hoo Hoo! Sit down dawg!! woof woof! up comes Rowand... pops up to Lew (I can't make a normal catch) Ford to end another pathetic White Sox inning... Can't wait til the kitties come to town! wink.gif

Nice fielding skills for your pitcher Cliff Politte!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blah ha ha !!!!!! Now Torri steals second base soooo easilly! What happened to fundamentals and good defense Windy?? I'm out!! Nice showing!

To those who don't know Backherup=

This is the same guy that thought alan trammel would be manager of the year last year at the All star break. What a joke that is. Also just said recently that Black Magic Santanna would not pitch good Sun night in front of a national Audience. 11K's 2-0. Backerup is always wrong. Nice pitching Bonderman, agst the Indians. yeah the twins aren't playing great defense, but just like the tigers fade quicker than a joey harrington pass, the twins will pick up the D-fense and be 4-6 games up at the break. The twins are a 2nd half team. Oh yeah, the Lions are still the scat of the NFC North. Lombardi or Bellichek couldn't coach that team to a .500 record.

Heres some more good reading from ESPN:

Hunter had four RBI, which was more than enough for Santana (2-0), who scattered seven hits and made Chicago hitters look foolish most of the night. During one stretch spanning the end of the third to the end of the sixth innings, Santana got eight of the 10 outs on strikeouts.

"Take a little bit of Santana and Hunter and get some sleep and you'll be better in the morning," Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said.

Hunter then turned on a pitch from Buehrle for a three-run homer to left that never appeared to get more than 20 feet off the ground, giving the Twins a 4-2 lead.

"I made one mistake -- to Hunter," Buehrle said. "If I could just have that one pitch back. That killed me."

"When he gets rolling, you're just trying to put the ball in play," White Sox catcher A.J. Pierzynski said. "We had some good chances, but just couldn't do it. That's why he's the Cy Young winner."