• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing Reports Start Here

Nice looking cat you got there Ralph. Looks like by the time of morning You posted You must of caught it tonight. I guess Dave told you I called and told him if you guys wanted to come down and take a ride in Prescott to come on down. It was a zoo in the water. didnt even put the boat in on Sunday. Fished the dock with a Guy from Hawaii I met out there last year. Put the boat in on Monday and managed about the same as I did from the dock. A few sauger and a couple under size walleyes. Oh and a few Water dogs as we used to call them at the bait shops in Cali. you know they might be good for those really big cats you seem to be targeting, and I know I used to catch alot of those right down below the ford dam. Salamandors I think. grin.gif

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fisher Dave

• Dragon Fish ll

• Riverfishin

• RalphTheNoober

Anybody been fishing from shore? I went on sunday and got a couple walleyes and white bass, the water was high and there was alot of people fishing.

Was down fishing at the Ford yesterday. the water was still nice an high. the fishing is still going pretty good for some nice panfish. Ill say 50/50 split between Crappies and Strippers or White Bass. With a few Wallys mixed in between. Oh also caught three nice fishing poles yesterday. Some guy got all piised off at his girlfriend and tossed bait bucket and three rods in the water and split. cool.gif

Wouldn't it make more sense to toss the girlfriend in? Those poles are too valuable!! tongue.gif

Just got back from the river, i fished from shore around minnehaha, got 2 walleyes, a crappie, and a dogfish. The water is still pretty high.

Riverfishin .. which one was you.. not many people down there today.. I dropped in for a little while with a couple friends(blacksportsman & ralph the noober).. I had a white bandana on my head.

We got quite a few crappies.. but they were sporadic(sp?) we hit a few walleyes, northerns, smallmouth, dogfish.. and some other type of *dicky moe* I had on my line in the creek I never got to see..

It was a slow day for there... no white bass for us either.

I was the 15 teen year old with the VFW State champions hockey jacket on, I was there with my little sister because all of my friends thought it was to cold to go fishing,

Ok.. you were the *pair* right next to us... dont be afraid to say hi any time you see me around.

btw .. your friends were right on that wind being cold .. it was pretty brutal down there after a while, especially after the sun got behind the trees.. I think I just shook the chill off from last night.

I think you might be thinking about the wrong guy, Were the guy who wanted to see the dogfish i caught?

Yes.. I told you to hang on to it for a second so Ralph could see it.. he had never seen a dogfish(bowfin) before.

Ralph was the short(obnoxious in good way) guy that came over to look at the dogfish. Blacksportsman(black stocky guy), or Manny was closest to you when you were by the concrete spillway.. I am the guy with the green flannel shirt, white bandana, and longer hair that was standing next to your tackle box/fishing rod for a good period of time... and I put your pliers in the box before they got buried in the sand... I warned you they were sitting between the trays so you didnt try to close it before you moved them.

That should clarify it?

I have only fished pool 2 three times and I am getting to know it slowly. I go a lot to Lake Of The Woods and Mille Lacs Lake. Today I caught a 19 inch Walleye on a gold jig. I caught a 8 pound Norhern Pike on a blue ringworm.

HOWZ IT GOING RIVERFISHIN I WAS THE ONE YOU SHOWED THE DOGFISH TO. THIS IS WHAT BLACKSPORTSMAN AND I PULLED OUT OF THERE THE DAY BEFORE.SHE SWAN RIGHT UP TO ME OR FLOATED. AFTER WE PUT HER BACK IN THE WATER IT DOVE DOWN. [image]FLATHEAD.jpg[/image]

Glad to see you made it back Ralph...

Well ... I guess I'm going to have to get you back out to catch another fish on *hook and line* for your avatar..

That fish *dove* from momentum when blacksportsman put it back in the water.. it was dead..

that has been bothering me on how.. either a walleye fisherman hook it and fought it forever and a day and it got over fatigued, or it could have got injured in the lock/dam? Who knows, maybe it got hit by a barge/boat.. one would think a fish of that size would take quite an impact.

I have a story similar to that, about 3 years ago I was fishing Prior and saw what a thought was a dead carp floating, We boated up to it and it was a 30 pound plus leather carp, (carp with no scales) and it was half alive, We netted took a couple of pictures and when we let it go it swam away perfectly.

Are you going to go out to that same spot this weekend, maybe I'll meet you there. Hopefully we don't get to much rain and the water goes down a little.

They are not always dead, maybe it couldnt catch its breath (lame term but all I could come up with) and when you pushed it back in the water it got enough water over its gills to get a shot of energy and swim away?

LET ME CHECK WITH FISHER DAVE, WE MIGHT GET OUT THERE ON SAT.-OR SUN. I KNOW BLACKSPORTSMAN WILL GO. EARLY YOU GET THERE THE BETTER SPOT YOU GET.I KNOW THAT BACK CREEK HAS A MONSTER IN THERE. ASK FISHER DAVE HE HOOKED SOMETHING BUT DIDN'T BRING IT UP

I'll be down there friday morning, right after I get off from work. Not sure quite sure what I have lined up for saturday or sunday, but if the GF has anything to say about it, I'm sure my fishing privileges will be limited. I'll let you guys know either way...

Manny

You can tell the truth. that when this older and wise fish seen two such skilled and experienced fisherman it just rolled over and kissed its tail goodbye. Whos got who? grin.gif Drag On

So that flathead just appeared all lifeless? Maybe it's dieing from old age? That thing is huge!

Ebass .. anything is possible when it comes to that fish.. yes it is huge.. if you look closely, you can see where it took a blow of some type on the head.. but it is a catfish, I have caught some pretty beat up ones in time, especially near dams... hopefully it wasnt a boater out there that caught it and decided to *calm it down* in the boat? confused.gif

who knows.. but there are more out there just like it, some smaller, some larger smile.gif that is one thing that keeps me coming back to catfishing.. you just never know what to expect on the next run.

Weekend plan.. I have no idea what I'm up to as of yet. I was down there a couple days ago and it was pretty dead.. however, we saw a huge pair of muskies(?) in the creek.. I have to assume they were muskies from the size(could see shape but not the pattern on side), the larger of the 2 had to be a 50" fish.

I might try a couple other locations I know and havent hit yet this year.. who knows?

Hopefully it wasn't dead and just needed some TLC. Anyone know what that one weighed? I bet she would put up one heck of a fight.

Hey Dave-with those muskies visable around the creek, you didnt see anyone making casts at them did you? It is one thing to catch one by accident, quite another to sight fish muskies out of season.

It would be hard for me to resist (although I am sure that I would), and given all the poachers up there I would think someone would take a stab at them.

Nobody was targeting them. I strongly believe they were spawning by their actions.. side by side in the shallows, and not very spooky.. I just about stepped on them before they took off when they were getting pointed out to me by another FM'er(freebledsoe). The area they were hanging out I was catching smallies the day before, along with a couple other species of fish.. not much action with the muskies swimming around(for obvious reasons).

Lynno62.. that Flathead is huge.. the best we could figure out it was roughly 48" long, and not a skinny fish. I have pictures with blacksportsman holding it also and this fish dwarfs a 35# flathead he was holding in a previous picture.

I looked into a couple other sites that had approximate weight charts for flatheads.. average weight by length and that stated it would be in the 50#+ class.. who knows, it wasnt put on a scale, nor a tape, but that is a monster flathead no matter where ones at... all we can do is wonder.

Were in the creek did you see the muskies? I'll probably go out on saturday evening and maybe sunday. grin.gif