• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

URL cleanup and FISHING!!!! Saturday

LABS4ME

A group of us are meeting at Westwinds at 8-8:30am Saturday to form a garbage brigade. We are going to go out to the great expanse of ice with our wheelers and pick up the "left-overs" from all the slobs who unfortunatley also visit this great lake. Our goal is to pick up trash for 3-4 hours, come back to shore and deposit it in the dumpsters, reorganize at Westwinds for lunch and head back out as a formidable force and teach those crappies a lesson! grin.gif The fishing the last week has been nothing short of fantastic! Anybody want to meet up with a bunch of IBOTs and make a day of it? So far I know Jigglestick, Bearplott, Blackshack and I are in.... anybody else? You can post here or call my cell phone at 651.341.4581 and let me know if you're gonna make it up or if you need to meet us on the lake. Sounds like short sleeve weather on Saturday! grin.gif

Good Luck!

Ken

well there are probably some trash under the ice also. Last week Tuesday I was out there and had my Aqua Vu checking out old holes and one spot there were a whole bunch of used toliet paper on the bottom of the lake, which was pretty nasty. i was ticked off about it, the fish probably stayed away from that area? I think the clean up get together is a great idea.

Labs, Count on two more IBOTs for Sat. Me and WalleyelBe will be leaving Fri. evening smile.gif. See you guys at 8am. "Son of Slab" IBOT #305

Ken, If I make it up it wont be til sat afternoon. Im in for the shore clean up this summer though.

I would have loved to have been there, but the baby came a little early. There is now another addition to the URL family. IT'S A BOY!

Sounds good Bareback! We may have to wait a little while though. Shortly after he was born he was airlifted down to Mpls Childrens Hospital. He has been in the NICU ever since. He is having a hard time breathing on his own. He is starting to get a little stronger though, and hopefully we will be able to bring him home in a few days. Later, Scott.

Scott, glad to hear of the birth of your son! grin.gif VERY, VERY sad to hear of his struggles! frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif Hope all goes well and he pulls through this no worse for the wear! Give me a call when he gets home and things settle down... till then, Hunter and I will say an extra prayer each night....

Good Luck!

Ken

Thanks Ken! Things are looking up. He is getting stronger and needing less and less oxygen all of the time. I came back home yesterday to spend a little time with the other 2 kids. It is still uncertain when we will be able to bring him home. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

Scott, I hope all turns out good. Jeremiah has been stuggling with colds for the last month too.

Thanks Toes! Yesterday was a really good day for him. He is getting stronger every day and hopefully he can come home soon.

Scott,

Congratulations on the new addition to your family. I'm sorry to hear about his struggles, but I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Glad to hear he's improving though!!

Keep the faith, and take take care !!

Chris

Thanks Twitter! I just came back down this morning. We are hoping to get him home this weekend. Hopefully!

That's great news Scott!

Glad to here he's doing better and will be able to make it home soon. Hopefully he'll continue to get stronger every day.

Also..........HOPEFULLY he'll get his Mothers' looks !! grin.gifgrin.gifwink.gif

Take care !!

Chris

Funny you would say that....Kelly had the same response. I have been told by several of my aunts and my wife that he looks like me though! Poor guy!

We didn't clean up the shore but rather the ice itself... it was the last day ATV's were allowed to access the lake... Unfortunatley we didn't get all the way over on to Hillman's or Westwind's roads. We did clean up out at the ends of their roads in the 6-7 mile range, and that wasn't to bad, I heard it was a lot worse in the 4-5 mile range. We accessed at Mort's and picked up several trailer loads of garbage, the typical pop and beer cans, broken minnow buckets, propane bottles, but the tied up plastic bags were really making my stomach turn by the end of the day. 90% of them were used to hold the remains of "yesterdays" bratwurst and beer, and the other 10% were filled with filleted out walleye remains! confused.gif We also counted several walleye carcasses laying on the ice that no doubt became exposed once the snow drifts melted. The gulls were busy cleaning them up. Anyone who doubts how many walleye are being kept right now, should go out at seasons end and see for themselves how large the problem really is. Also, if you need to relieve yourself, tie up your bag and bring it to shore... I don't think my 7 year old kid still has figured out why "adults" can be such pigs! He even has enough common sense to pack it out, but the "adults" can't figure out that there is no such thing as the "poop fairy" that will magically pick up their bag of crap! frown.gif It was truley disgusting! After 4 hours of cleaning up I can honestly say we only made a small dent in the problem. There will be a couple lakeshore efforts yet to come this spring and summer, if you can make it, the help will be appreciated.

Good Luck!

Ken

Labs, your report of what you found is truly, "DISSAPOINTING." To think that this goes on all over the state.......... Well, I just dont know what to think. During the Medicine lake cleanup in the City I found Crappies stuffed just under the snow next to a hole that was from the day before confused.gif

Thanks for all your efferts as to the clean up!