Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slyster

Line type and color on a clear lake? (i.e. WBL, Dmtrvl)

4 posts in this topic

Thinking of clear lakes.. as in White Bear Lake or Demontreville... does using fireline vs floro make a HUGE difference or just a questionable difference?

I love fireline.. I don't use leaders on it.. mainly target bass/northern in the summers... and I only lost 2 lures all last year.

A good compromise, I would guess, is to tie on couple feet of mono/floro.. I wonder if neccesary larger diameters are just as visible though as the fireline?

Where can one learn the proper knot for super to floro? Can you actually buy long assembled floro/mono.. of course casting might be a problem (as in another post I just looked at) with the connector.

Curious just how people rig for super clear waters.

Someone else can answer for the bass AND for Demontreville.

BUT as for the Northerns in WBL . . .

WELL . . .

You could put a hot dog on a gaff hook tied to a chunk of clothesline and if you tossed it into WBL, one of the d*mn hammerhandles in that lake would try to eat it !!

I personally use a mono or fluro leader when fish panfish, and wallys. I like to used the strenght leader as my main line. Say 2/10PP then I would use 10 fluro or mono leader. I like to tie the two together with a Uni knot.

This also might help

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=536944&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

(Contact US Regarding This Word),

Smoke colored Fireline works for me on clear water. Use a back to back uniknot when connecting mono to superline. The uni is versatile; it is a little tricky to tye, but once mastered, you will like it! Check out this link...it has some good knots to try.

http://www.netknots.com/html/fishing_knots.html