• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Lida's..Anyone know about aeration?

Last weekend as I was looking at access spots on the west shore of North Lida when I noticed the signs "This lake is aerated...beware!"

I haven't spoke with anyone yet or even looked for houses. Does anyone here know about this?

Are these areas marked?

Basically...is it safe?

Thanks!

At the access on Melissa there are the same signs. I would think there would be some kind of sign near the aerator out on the ice. I have been all over Melissa and haven't seen anywhere that had an aerator. I may just be lucky that I didn't find it the hard way. I haven't fished Lida in the winter, so I haven't looked into the aerators there. I'm sure there is someone here that will be able to answer your question.

This is the first year they've put them on Lida. I think its more for shoreline control than anything. There is one down by the old Oak Lodge Resort. I think the other one is by the resorts on the northeast side of the lake. They are supposed to be marked.

I know there is a stretch in front of viking hills resort and the old oak lodge resort that is kept aerated, these areas are usually surrounded with that orange plastic fence and thin ice signs that reflect with headlights. I cannot confirm any areation up on the northeast end but I really wouldnt be suprised..Keep your eyes peeled!! Paul

The aeration system on lida is located on the southwest side of lida like Paul mentioned. I have been driving all over the lake for the past 3 weeks but it is getting tougher due to snow drifts now. Good luck