Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
fishing4fun

Twin Pines?

fishing4fun

A group of us are coming up the last weekend in January to stay at Twin Pines. We have never done this before. How are thier houses? Do they move them and stay with the fish? We plan to go out with our portables and find te fish during the day and hopefully catch a few at night out of the house. Any suggestions on what to bring up. We are green at this.

Thanks, f4f

picksbigwagon

was in the same boat a couple of years ago, Twin pines is pretty good, the house are clean, the roads well marked and the people are pretty helpful. our house was quiet all day, and at sundown, it lit up pretty good, in fact we missed a few during the night, too much anti freeze I guess.....the nice part about Twin is that they truly arent that far from the mud flats, get a GPS and a flasher and you will do okay. Do they still have the ice races in garrison? If so, get the heck out of there on saturday afternoon and head into vineland bay for perch.

wildirishrose

If the hard water fishing is like there launch trips you'll have alot of fun but catch a bunch of rock bass and have a DNR survey person in your house like on our boat trip.

fishing 101

Do they have rattle reels in their houses?

wackawalleye

Yes we have rattle reels.

fishing4fun

We are curious, how often do these houses get moved? I know that they are big, and probably a pain to move. We were wondering if you try to keep them on the bite?

Thanks

This is our first time, so we have some dumb questions.

LaZyDayZ

4 of us are heading up this Friday 1/21/05 and staying in one of the Twin Pines houses for the weekend. None of us are die hard ice fisherman. We hope for a bite but if its not there we will catch plenty of bottle bass.

It will be our first time renting a house from them.

I will post how it went next week.

fishing4fun

Thanks LaZy,

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Eastwind

I'm also curious. How often do you move your houses? Do you try to follow the fish?

wackawalleye

It's good to be curious. You are correct in your assumption that they take more time to move than pulling your anchor and moving your boat. There are many factors involved in placing and moving houses. I will liken it to positioning your deer stand. We use experience and location technology. You do not take your stand apart and rebuild it during your hunt. You have the option to walk around the woods; but return to your stand. In fishing out of a house, bring an auger and/or portable and move around near the house or take one of our many road to other structures depending on the weather during the day. That is a simple explaination. I would be glad to discuss in more detail over the phone. I have learned that it is dangerous to reply in too many details. Some people just wait to pounce on responders just trying to be helpfull.

cybermuskie

Hey Wackawalleye,

I was just wondering how it is for getting off your roads to try some new water? I am thinking we might try to go out of your place Friday. Also are you plowed to all the major flats? Thanks for the info. I will introduce myself if your around!

fishing4fun

LaZyDaysZ.

So how was the fishing? What did you think of the house? We are coming up for a Thurs-Sunday trip, I just don't want to forget anything. That's why I ask all the dumb questions. How far did you have to go and find fish?

Thanks for any advise you can give us.

F4F

LaZyDayZ

Resort, Ice shack, - Awesome.

Fishing - Bad.

I don’t believe it had anything to do with the location of the house though. We sat about 2.5 miles out on the rocks. Vexlar didn’t mark fish all weekend. Saturday morning we went out to 8 mile and fished until after sundown and the same was true there. I didn’t talk to anyone on the lake that had done any good.

The staff at Twin Pines was awesome. It didn’t matter if you were in the resort, in the house or on there roads they were always friendly and accommodating.

The house was great, the gas lights were all in good working order, the bunks had decent pads, and all was clean, rattle reels over most of the holes. I can’t say one bad thing about the place.

We did run low on propane Saturday early morning. We flagged down one of the plow trucks and they had the tanks changed out in about an hour.

All of the roads out of the resort were well maintained even with the snow and blow that happened over the weekend.

In short, when we go up again we will go out of Twin Pines.

Good luck let me know if the fishing is better for you.

mattkimk

How have the flats been going for walleyes lately? Do you have a road out to the boot?

Ya Hey Der

wackawalleye,

Just wondering if you would be able to put a list together that shows us where your roads go to?

Thanks!

YHD

wackawalleye

The main road heads straight out thru the deep rocks and continues to the banana. From there it goes accross the 5 mile flat and to the center of the 8 mile flat. From center it heads north nothwest to the Northern tip. From there it heads west south west to the norht tip of the 5 mile flat. The road crosses a couple misc smaller flats then cuts down the western edge back to the main road. We also have roads to the sliver, sand humps and pike point. This will give you a rough idea. There are many spurs off these roads.