• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How well does a Aqua-View work up there?

sdghsdgj

How far can you see? I'm bringing up my Aqua-View Scout in a week and was wondering how effective it'll be?

I haven't been up there for a few years but when we looked down the holes we could see very far. My guess is it is still the same, very clear. Have fun

Mille Lacs is one of the best I have used a camera on. It is very clear in the winter. Try not to hit the bottom or you will have a cloud for a spell.

the camera works great up there, BUT i think it spooks the walleye, seems to not bother the perch that much but the walleye right now seem to be a little spooky. kinda like late season birds!!

You shouldnt have a problem seeing with your camerea up there, it has always worked well for us in the past. Here is something that we do with it, I suggest that you give it a try. What we do is take some rubber bands or electrical tape and rig your camera so that the camera will be facing the bottom when you drop it down. This allows you to be able to keep it a ways off the bottom and not spook the fish as easily. I personally think that you get a better picture anyway. That also eliminates all the twisting of the cord that you may have to do. Hope this helps, good luck!

Jeff

thanks and thats a grweat idea but i luckily have a thing on my stabilizer fin for it, its a U shaped slot that alows me to stick the cable in there and mke it vertical, although i lost the bolts for the fin so i might have ta use ur idea!

hey how long do batterys for aqua views last? any way to make them better?

I don't have an Aqua view but I connect my camera to one of the deep cycle batteries in my house and I have run the camera every weekend since we put the house out on Dec. 26th and I'm still running it.

Ole

I used a camera for the first time yesterday. It was a OVS system that is a few years old. I wasn't impressed at all. Couldn't see but a couple feet and it was spinning so bad that you couldn't hardly keep it focused in on things. Are the new Marcums or Aquavu's any better? I was debating on buying one next season, but with this experience I would'nt waste the money. It would be nice to have, to see what is going on down there. But the performance of this camera sucked to say the least. Maybe it is just the camera and the new ones are much better. What are your opinions

DRH,

My camera is a homemade one, on mine I have a "microphone" stand that I clamp my camera into so once you get it turned the direction you want it stay's put. With mine I can see 6+ feet, I say that because the hole I put it down is ~4' from my jigging hole and I can see fish coming in from behind the jig.

Ole