• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Is Moss going to hang it up.

muskybuck

Sounds to me like Moss is just getting sick of football. He says he never liked it anyway. He liked basketball better. I would not be surprised if he hangs it up in a year or two. Probably before Favre does, who knows.

Muskybuck... DROP THE CRACK PIPE, EASE AWAY FROM THE WATER BONG, STAY OFF ALL DRUGS AND GO ADMIT YOURSELF TO THE JOE BUCK SCHOOL OF SMART PEOPLE.

I'll make a side bet with you on your prediction...

You can stop denying the fact that Favre is going to retire sooner than you like... This should be a good thing if he tosses up 4 interceptions per game... maybe he can get fumbleitis boy Ahman Green to join him...

Quote:

Sounds to me like Moss is just getting sick of football. He says he never liked it anyway. He liked basketball better. I would not be surprised if he hangs it up in a year or two. Probably before Favre does, who knows.

When has Moss hinted at retirement, which Favre has done repeatedly? Given Favre's horrible performances in the playoffs (the INT against Philly last year, the SIX interceptions against the Rams a few years ago, and last week's egg against the Vikings), his desire to quit is understandable. Moss, love him or hate him, is still at the peak of his skills, as his two TD performance against the Packers (on a bad ankle) last weekend showed.

Wishing something were true does not make it so. If it did, I would make a post titled "'eyehunter wins ten million dollars and marries Britney Spears." grin.gif

i just read that randy moss is suing espn for millions, wait a minute, that's don king, sorry same thing...

I just heard on ESPN that the packers are going to try and sign Ryan Leaf and if he shuts them down they'll go after Scott Mitchell.

Quote:

i just read that randy moss is suing espn for millions, wait a minute, that's don king, sorry same thing...

Please tell me when Randy Moss kicked a man to death for welshing on a gambling debt, as Don King did in the fifties.

who knows when moss will retire- as a viking fan, who cares. what we should care about is: when will the vikes wake up and get rid of moss. either trade him or if you cannot get anything for him just release him. I would bet any of you moss lovers that as long as he is on the team we will not win the big one

Kev,

If you want to use that reasoning, then you can blame every player ever to don the purple.

I think our chances are better with him than without him.

Recievers like Moss are a dime a dozen. There is nothing special about him except the media hype that tried to make a hero out of him. I think they (media) have given up on him now too. He is just one of many good receivers. The Vikes would have no trouble replacing him with receivers wanting to come and play with Culpepper.

And what brand of crack are we smoking today?

Moss- average reciever, dime a dozen?

MB, I know you are just trying to get the fires going with comments like that...It worked on me, hope it does not work on others who may get a little more upset than I. grin.gif

He has talent but what does he do to the rest of the team. He tells a lineman that he does not care what he thinks? If you have ever been a part of a team you know that all it takes is one bad link to drag the rest down. Moss being the bad link. Again he has talent but it takes more than talent to win the big games

I don't think Moss will be going anywhere as he seems to be a favorite of McCombs. Though through what I've read a bit in the paper down here in Rochester there may be some rumblings within the organization both from a player and personnel perspective with the attitude that he needs to either get his head on straight or get rid of him and that Tice did say noone was untouchable as far as trade value goes. Not quite sure what kind of trade value he would bring for the Vikes. Tice is as much to blame as anyone as he seems to not hold any accountability with him. Linehan most likely will be gone, so it would be interesting to see how Moss would work with a new offensive coordinator. If the Vikes did end up trading Moss and were able to replace him with solid defensive players they probably would be better off. I think they played quite well during his absence this year with the loses blamed more on the defense than Moss not being in the lineup. Culpepper is the key to the Vikes offense not Moss.

Moss is definately one of the best receivers, no doubt. But he is easily replaced with another of the best receivers. To think the Vikes can not get along without him, I do not think is true. I think good receivers are the easiest of all the positions to get quality people in. One of the biggest problems the Vikes have right now is the idea that they can not get along with out Moss. That is one of the reasons Moss has such an attitude. Culpepper's the man!!

Iowa Barnstormers Arena Football Team

Minnesota has a football team...remember the first week of the playoffs? Green Bay played them.

Musky I think you make some valid points about the vikes, we definately would have won more games with 3 quality defensemen and no Moss. Although I am not sure if Burleson was a legit reciever at the beginning of the year but he certainly is now. The defense definately lost us more games than Moss won, I still say keep him around and I don't think there is much of a choice. You will not be able to trade him with his salary and I just can't see the vikes letting him go. Say what you will about him I still think he is the best reciever in the game.

Looks like Reggie Fowler is stepping up to make an offer on the vikes, sounds like we will know in about 2 weeks if that is going to happen or not. Who knows if this will be better or worse than Red. Denny Hecker is going to be the figure head and they have financial backers out of NY. They are commited to leaving the team in MN so I guess that is good. But we will see if any of this actually happens.

Hopefully this pushes Taylor up to the plate.

Quote:

Moss is definately one of the best receivers, no doubt. But he is easily replaced with another of the best receivers. To think the Vikes can not get along without him, I do not think is true. I think good receivers are the easiest of all the positions to get quality people in. One of the biggest problems the Vikes have right now is the idea that they can not get along with out Moss. That is one of the reasons Moss has such an attitude. Culpepper's the man!!

That is a long way from your previous statement of "a dime a dozen". It would not be hard to sell me on trading him with high value defense. You say easily replaced with one of the best receivers. I can think of one, maybe, two that come close to replacing him and that is only if attitude is factored in. Was it the media hype that gave him the best stats of any receiver in the first six years of his career or was it the stats that created the hype? If anything, his attitude is what is "common" in the NFL, but we just get to see his because of his lack of concern about perception and his high profile.

Quote:

Q: Why doesn't Iowa have a professional football team?

A: Because Minnesota would want one too.

Come on, I know you got better than that. smile.gif

OK Nolte, much, much better on the Moss-Culpepper dance. I do like the Tice voyeurism also.

A few teams rumored in possible deals that I've seen are Arizona, Oakland, and Baltimore. I think Baltimore would have the most to offer MN from a defensive standpoint and I think Oakland has a bunch of draft picks to work with. If I had to put money on it though I think in the long run he ends up staying in MN.

My son who lives in Tempe has not heard good things about Reggie Fowler, rumer has it that he doesn't pay his bills. If true not the kind of owner we need.

The Packers have three great receivers none of which I would trade even up for Moss. If you include Bubba they have four great receivers. Moss is just another great receiver and his attitude puts him below a "dozen" or more other great receivers. Great receivers are not uncommon in the NFL.

PS. I think its these great receivers that are making Favre look good by catch the passes that he just wings out there.

Great???

Do you mean?

Sam Breeden

Mike Marker

Jamal Jones

Or Walker? Walker had 1 good year and Driver had 1 good year then fell on his face. I wouldn't trade all 5 of them for Moss.