• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pleasant Lake?

jasongp99

Never fished this lake before and haven't seen any postings for this lake in recent weeks. Is it worth the trip, where do you set up camp? Anything you can give me is more then I have now.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

It's a pretty good pike and crappies lake. Some real nice ones at time as well. There are special regs for the sunfish last time I checked. As far as where to set up? There's the crappie hole about half way up the north shore. Go farter west and there's a few more spots.

People get a few walleyes too. But there aren't a lot of them in the lake.

As far a talk goes you won't hear much. Folks who fish it generally don't talk much.

Well thanks for the info. I may give it a try. Is the access on the north side right next to that restraunt/bar?

• 3 weeks later...

My brother and i went out today from 1 til 4. Only caught 1 small pike. I see there's a village on the 34' hole. Crappies must be biting a little. Or is it 'little crappies must be biting?' wink.gif The guy kinda by us had a tip-up go off about 5 times in an hour, but nothing worth writing home about. I'll be heading back to Bass this friday and hopefully hitting up Kraemer on Saturday. Good luck to all!

My experience with this lake is that it is deteriorating. A few years ago the pike action was awesome but since then a lot of spearing houses and considerably more people have been out there and it has been getting worse everytime I go out. I used to be able to get sunnies and pike all day long, but now its hard to find the sunnies and the pike are few are far between, and the ones you do get are just little snotrockets.

Seems to me it's only in the winter that it's extremely pressured like this. I go there every now and then in Summer and it's not too bad on most days. Some days though.... tongue.gif