• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Secondary Heat Source

DRH1175

Question

I have a Mr. Heater Sunflower which works good in my Fish Trap Voyager. But what are you others using on Real cold day to add that extra heat? A mini mr heater, buddy heater, Lantern what??

7 answers to this question

In my Otter, my primary heat comes from either a Buddy heater or (if I get the OK to use it) my Big Buddy heater. Usually fueled froma 11# or 20# bulk tank. Secondary heat comes from a Mr Heater/Cooker. Either run from a 1# can or off a "Y" and hose from a bulk tank.

I run my Mr. Heater on a 11# tank and then my Lantern. If I get too cold with those 2 on its time I get my butt off the ice!

I second the Mr. heater 11# tank and my coleman lantern. And if it's to cold for those the fish aren't biting anyway.

I know a guy who hooked up his trucks coolant system to a coil in the fishouse. Had a few shutoffs here and there, worked great. Probly a great way to go, not sure how much gas it used idleing but couldnt have been too bad!

#1 - layer up smartly. #2, Sunflower and coleman lantern. #3, If still cold, add some pocket heat packs to boots, gloves, inside jacket pockets. #4, If still cold, I go home.

I have a double burner mr heater, works awesome! just ventilate well! I have a wooden carrying case that doubles as its base. and i run a hose outside to a 20 lb tank. never had any issues in my otter lodge