Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lostit@theHole

Fishing on the river?

8 posts in this topic

I have always wanted to get out on the St. louis river to do some walleye fishing, but don't know where to start. I was wondering if i could get a little guidance on where to fish, either specifically or generally. Is is hot this time of year?

Hi, Newbie here and I'm in the same boat as lost. Just some general areas, bait, safety tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

Proctor Pete....Welcome to FishingMinnesota.com. The help you will find in this and all forums is emmense. Great to have you on deck here!

Thanks Tom, you folks seem to be quite friendly. You'll see alot of me often on here.-Pete

Proctor Pete here are some places to try. Im assuming you talking Walleyes and its a dusk bight. Boyscout Landing, Spirit Lake, St.Louis Bay off of Park Point, 131st street west on Water Street and at times off of Garfield Ave is good. I dont recomend driving except maybe at Boyscout. Most of these spots can be walked to with some being a fairly long walk. Pack Light. If you have a wheeler or better yet a snowmachine there are tons of spots but travel on the river can be dangerous so dont just go running all over the place. Let me know if ya need more.

Northlander

Thanks Northlander, one question off of Boyscout...up or down river???or right in front? it's close to home, just never go there to look since i work downtown.

When at Boyscout it really doesnt matter much. I usually stick down river off of the channel edges. I do this more so I dont get hit by guys driving up and down from walleye alley. Usually about 10-12' of water. Maybe shallower if I get there a bit late. We went out tonight way up river and only caught rockies.

Thanks, 'preciate it. Hope to meet you someday-Pete