Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rangerguy

Miltona Reports?

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone heard any reports from Miltona for eyes, pike or perch? Some buddies and I are heading up there this weekend and have never fished the lake through the ice. Not looking for spots or even areas to start. Just looking for a depth range to start looking for some walleyes. We will be staying in a cabin on the north end near the beach. Thanks in advance to anyone that replies.

Matt

Rangerguy - Given the frigid weather forecast I just hope you can keep the holes open. But anyway, I was out last Saturday and I can tell you there's a lot of movement going on - meaning everyone's moving their houses all over the place. Most will tell you there hasn't been a great bite, but there are fish to be had. We moved our house out on a mid-lake hump away from anyone else, got 4 walleyes Saturday evening, nothing to brag about but I guess it could have been worse. Nothing started until 5:30 and it was done at 6:30. During the day the perch will drive you crazy in shallower water, we set-up in 19 feet so you may want to move deeper especially during the day. Otherwise pike are always an option, the weedhump in the west bay is easy to find and can usually provide some decent action. Perch, they are everywhere but the only problem is most are tiny - walleye munchies! Anyway, good luck and have fun...and maybe more importantly stay warm!

Scott

this was a good idea matt, it's britt shocked.gif

Thanks Scott for the report. We will be fishing out of a sleeper 6 man ice house that is well insulated and heated. The only problem is that with these cold temps, keeping the holes open outside for our tips will prove to be challenging. Thanks again for the report. I will post our results from the weekend on monday.

Matt