• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

LakeOWoods Guy: Any shiners

LakeOwoodsGuy: I'm headed your way on Monday morning. Are you going to have a supply of shiners? See you around 1030am Monday morning Steve. Bill

Bill,

I heard you talking to another guy about fishing.How is the fishing in March? We are going up the first full week of March.Going to stay with Arnesen's this year.Any information would be greaty helpful.I also know and understand that you stay with Riverveiw or River bend cant rembemer,but how have you been doing this year as fishing wise?I hope you the best of luck the next to times going to the pond

LittlePerch1: The fishing the past six years that I have been going to LOW in March has been good. the resorts start to move the houses back from the depths toward Pine Island and the walleye bite starts to pick up real well. Yes we stay at Riverbend and have been satisfied with their service. Last year we were up the last full week of March and they only had 6 houses left on the ice. We were the only group there for three days and Kent, one of the guides/drivers stayed with us all day. He transported us deep to shallow and back again all day and we had a good time catching and releasing fish.

My first trip this year was Dec 27-28. We filled up for 5 guys and also enjoyed a good fish fry at the lodge. I'm headed back again on Monday morning, my wife makes this trip with me and my son and three buddies will also be there at the same time. It is great just to be in the north country, and if the fish bite, what a bonus that is. Hope you have a great time and successful outing. Good luck and hang on. Bill

Hey Bill, Steve did'nt have any yesterday morning when I called but were sposed to get them later. Stopped at Warroad Holiday and all of theirs had died. Sent the wife from the fish house over to Log Cabin around 1 and they told her their minnow guy was running late, so she ran over to Adrians and nabbed me some there. Pretty much always get them there when the other places run out.

fiskyknut

This is slightly off the subject, but what ever happened to the Amoco/BP in town? That's where I always used to buy bait, but lately have had to go to Holiday. Did they just move their location to by Streif? Does anyone know if the Streif location has bait?

the amaco station was my stop too. Ive asked around and people have told me different reasons why it closed but either way it is closed. there is a new gas station right next to streifs. they have both shiners and chubs available and every time ive stopped there they are giving you one scoop free with every scoop you buy, along with a little plastic minnow scoop. they also seem to be very friendly there.

Steve, will see you Monday AM.

Fisky, after your wife was kind enough to run all over the place for you, did you catch any fish? Bill