Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Bryce

Also looking for a male

Bryce    1
Bryce

Now that everyone's undies are good and bunched up and this is getting some looks, thought I'd also look for male. I have a young chocolate that we will start breeding in 3 years or so if all goes well with her training and health checks. Candidate must be chocolate or strongly chocolate factored black, hips and eyes must be certified (prefer hips to be excellent), dog must have attained either QAA or MH title(or have intentions of attempting this feat since this dog may also be a pup). There may be only a few people on this site that a have a dog or know someone that has a dog of this quality but looks like this is the time to post it up. Like I say, this is still several years in the future but if you can match the list above it will then be time to look at pedigrees and see if we can pair up a good breeding. Location is not a factor. Fully understand that female may have to travel by air to breed.

LABS4ME    0
LABS4ME

Bryce... give me a call. I may have something for you, but I think we might have discussed this b-4.

Good Luck!

Ken

larryz    1
larryz

The Captains Kennels up near Virginia has a male that might meet your requirements, by the name of what else, Captain. We got a chocolate female pup, sired by him,from them last spring and are very happy with her. Just do a search for The Captains Kennels.

Hope this helps. Good luck in your search.

Bryce    1
Bryce

Just seeing what's out there Labs. You know I'll probably look at a couple dozen dogs before I make a final decision. Not expecting to find much here other than the big kennel studs that I already know about.

Larry, what are your intentions with the pup? Gonna play the dog games with her or a hunting pet? Keep us informed how she's doing if you go the games route. Always nice to know what these studs are throwing out for talent.

larryz    1
larryz

Bryce

No bird hunting, I gave that up a few years ago, and also no games. We just decided that with this pup we would get a good quality bred puppy. The last pup we got from a backyard breeder and we learned that it is pay now or pay later. We went through surgery for OCD and some other expenses. This gal is just a pet and companion but came with all the guarantees. With her good background and the fine work of the breeder hopefully we will not have the same type of problems.

But I do know that her sire has thrown some pups that have been very sucessful in trials. Thanks for asking.

duckbuster    0
duckbuster

I have been sitting here taking in all these comments about"backyard breeders" and I'm at the point where I need to say something, good or bad here it is.

I believe the the term "backyard breeder" is a misnomer. The responsibility of what you, the buyer, ends up with lies entirely on your shoulders. Do some research, look at what both the stud & bitch have for health certificates. If both have ofa cert. hips and the eyes have the cerfs. then look at the pedigree. If the next 1-2 generations are good then there is NO difference where you buy the puppy from. If you buy a puppy from Mary Howley at candlewood kennels or from me this summer the chance is there, believe it or not that you might end up with a puppy that has bad hips or his eyes might have folds in them.

In the end you as a buyer are in control of what you can end up with. Buying a puppy is a crap shoot no matter how you look at it. I bought 4 puppies this summer, 2 sets of brothers from 2 different litters. In the end 1 puppy from each litter went back to the seller, one with folds and the other with a screwed up back leg. The pedigrees 4 generations back were clean but the chance is always there that something like this can happen.

In the end making sure that you have guarantees from the breeder is very important.

Mike Walerak    15
Mike Walerak

Give Brad Donald of High Point Labradors a call he might have the stud you are looking for. 605-520-1990

mw

duckbuster    0
duckbuster

Here is a site for you to look into.

If it doesn't work try in capital letters except the www & .com

GOOD LUCK!!!

Sorry DB, we can't have links to others websites

larryz    1
larryz

Hey duckbuster

Ace and Beggar from that kennel are the grandparents of our chocolate gal that we got up north.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• JBMasterAngler
      Trip didn't go as planned. I had been asking some questions on here to get some info/ideas for the trip. Greatly appreciated all the stuff you guys shared with me. Unfortunately most of it wasn't in the plans  Camped at fall lake, as this was the first time my wife tagged along in a few years, and I thought his would be the most family friendly. After getting setup on Sunday, I launched the boat and goofed around for a bit, but didn't catch anything. My daughter was using worms, and she didn't even get a nibble. Is there not much for bass in fall?   Monday we had to spend some unexpected time in town, making certain purchases. Made it to snowbank late. Trolled for lakers, but only marked ciscoes. Once we started fishing for bass, we caught a few, but then the rain fell. Had it just been me and the 2 older kids, we could have fished through it. But with my wife and the youngest, it wasn't going to happen!   Pretty much the same thing happened on Tuesday. Went to burntside, but the lake was too windy. Went back to town, let the kids play at the park, then had lunch at the boathouse (I highly recommend the motorboat burger). Then we decided to keep it close and simple, and went to miner's pit. Weather got the best of us again. At least this time, my wife caught a few fish. No trout though.   Sometimes there's more to camping trips than good fishing though. We still had lots of fun, and I'm already making some notes for my next Ely trip, which I don't even know when will happen.
    • CigarGuy
      Tommy, can tell by your posts and photos that your dogs are very special to you and Bonnie.  I shed a tear or two while reading this.  I got a kick out of you telling me here after I saw you driving through Cloquet a couple years ago.  You saw my dog riding co-pilot and you mentioned that you also had a dog in the passenger seat (can't remember which one) and Bonnie in the back seat riding with the other dogs.  Good Stuff! Take care, Bill
    • TomWehler
      I pop in here a few times lately for some humor for myself, it is hard to do. No, very hard to do...but this sight makes me smile sometimes so here ya go...FYI.   Moe Rock passed August 14th  ~  4 days before what would have been his 11th birthday.
      He was our rock in many ways and was one of the smartest retrievers we have ever had in our family in 30 some years.
      If you knew Moe Rock you can understand, remember. He was so strong an fought the cancer just over FOUR MONTHS....
      Pills n tests an more pills an more tests...until well CANCER SUCKS.
      In the end the cancer wins no matter how hard he fought or how hard his TEAM fought with him and for him. Bonnie an I, the special vets an techs at Osceola Animal hospital and the top doc's, students and assistants and at the U of M vet center tried very hard and long to help him in his battle. He never changed, stood tall an strong, bright eyes an devilish smile.
      Truth is we only stayed a couple steps ahead of the cancer that took him that day at 5 PM.
      He was strong right up until he passed with Bonnie an myself holding his paws an making his passing go easy. Bother Polar Bear Boy looking on also.
      Don't make any of this easy saying this, but he was not doing good at 5 am Sunday morning as that cancer stuff just jumped him good this weekend an well,  he lost.
      We never gave in, nor did he. This weekend at the cabin he tried to enjoy himself, DID enjoy it all.  He swam, couple dock jumps, we fished morning runs an sunset, did boat rides, worked on some shore n boat small projects an ate pretty dang well. He was fine until bedtime when we knew an HE knew something was happening.
      Not good. CANCER SUCKS!
      We had a great time, Moe only showing to Bonnie an myself an his Brother Polar Bear Boy he was not feeling to good in the evenings the last week. Very sad. Never forget Moe Rock or his up north name of NoMoeToe given to him by long time guest in my boat from Capser Wyoming the late Mary Cob and his Chisago City area name the Fire Chief gave him of ThreeToeMoe. He was not only special to me but to a host of people in this area an on or around Lake Vermilion for his whole life.
      Good boy, darn good boy. One regret is not everyone that knows of Moe or knows him only online did not get to meet him in person.
      You would have enjoyed him in many ways as we all did.
      Loveable, big nut, sweet, smart, goofy, odd and a total tick that like to start fights with this brothers an then leave them to settle it while he went an ate their food or got best seat on casting deck my big black boat.
      Yup, Moe Rock was a Tick.   Any way....very sad are we, but he fought like tuff darts, a good long fight.
      Never whined a bit, did as was asked an stayed pretty much himself the whole time until that Sunday morning really.
      Not once showing anyone not in family he was sick, real sick. Still loved his truck rides, belly rubs, swimming his pool, wratling with me n Bear, watching TV, Playing on Kendel or computer with Bonnie an just plain being Moe to his brother Bear Boy...big smiles. Fishing, how he love3d fishen...mostly topwater of any kind, but he would go with me anytime, anytime....true fish hound was he, our sweet Moezy.
      I did not tell anyone about Moe rock but Mom Joanne as figured he might kick cancer to the curb an well..........
      Never gave up hope but most times cancer wins in retriever hounds, even our sweet Moe Rock.
      PEACE!
      Very Sad. Now running with his fellow Mallard Island Marauders that crossed over before him, Barney Toonder, Homer J., Bailey, Beckey, Buddy.....plus Jack n Ev the Kats.
      Some good party.....good food, big smiles and all that go with them....all very special. Lov ya Moe......I miss you my boy....rest easy until we meet again.   Keep on rocken!   Tommy
    • redlabguy
      W-W, and what kind of bottom, rocks? Dick
    • curt quesnell
      Here is the latest....it is changing quite a bit and the water is cooling off.  Check it out while you make your plan for Labor Day    
    • curt quesnell
      I have a few spots that I check but if you just go slow and keep your eye on the depth finder the schools of fish are scattered everywhere.  If you see fish, you will catch em  
    • Rick G
      One from Sunday
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Fish Lake Baits in Harris had some nice large leeches a couple of weeks ago. Cliff
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      W-W, What time of the day was best? Cliff
    • city slicker
      After 4 days on a Rainy lake houseboat we managed a walleye fry 3 nights. They where on the deeper mid lake reefs which is no secret, but they wanted minnows. That was the hard part, finding bigger minnows. To my surprise I was able to land a few each afternoon on 5" plastic rigged. 2 boats, 6 people, 47 eyes where clicked biggest 24", smallest 6" and every stop in between. We did fish some bays and the pike were willing to play!city