Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fishn'Lady

Pressure Ridges?

13 posts in this topic

Are there any large pressure ridges out there this year? I remember the one out there last year, it ran pretty much the whole lake north to south. We are thinking about coming up next week and was wondering if any had formed yet. Thanks.

Oh, I forgot to ask...Will we need an extension? grin.giflaugh.gif j/k

yes there is!!

Thought Kelly and Buddy kept moving them to keep everybody on their toes. wink.gif The ridges so far are real close to shore and the guys have them whipped. Couldn't believe all the work put into Hillman's road between the two weekends. Good job guys.

I wouldn't say we have the pressure ridge whipped. It's more like a standoff. crazy.gif The next warm spell and mother nature will once again show us who is really in charge. shocked.gif I burned up the clutch in my truck yesterday so I had to sit on the sidelines but Buddy and Pat Foster pushed the main road out to 6 miles. Pat is getting good enough with his new V-Plow that Buddy might even take the "Student Plower" sign off the back of Pat's truck. grin.gif

Kelly, so whats the count now? 1 power steering unit, 2 clutches,?????????Maybe you can get a company to sponsor your field tests of engine parts grin.gif

You are way behind. crazy.gif 2 clutches, 2 power steering units, 1 ring gear and pinion, 1 transfer case, 2 motor mounts and one front axel. The good part of this is that it is still early in the year so most of the list still starts with 1. smirk.gif

And you have been on the lake how long? About 17 days. You should have your own pit crew. Maybe Tigger, Duron, and Kelly. Good luck with the repairs!

Tiger, Duron and Kelly are the pit crew. smile.gif They took the clutch out of Buddy's truck last weekend but could not find a flywheel on the weekend so they are coming back to put it back together this weekend. Last year on a lovely -20 night Buddy and Tigger replaced a tranny in one of Buddy's trucks right in Hillman's parking lot. Started at 2:00AM and by sunup the truck was plowing again. ooo.gif

Quote:

Last year on a lovely -20 night Buddy and Tigger replaced a tranny in one of Buddy's trucks right in Hillman's parking lot. Started at 2:00AM and by sunup the truck was plowing again.
ooo.gif

Now thats dedication cool.gif

Boy I hope nobody complains about the 8 bucks for the roads.

with kellys long list I wonder if 8 is enough .

I hope everyone appreciates the dedecation these guys have

Farmer

I've only fished URL a couple of times and I gladly paid the fee, with a smile on my face.

Not glad to hear about the mechanical problems, but sure am glad to be able to get on the lake. Thanks fellas.

Kelly, I told you you so, you should have bought yourself a real truck. Actually I think you are just like someone else I know. You probably enjoy being broke down, that way you get to vacation a little bit. grin.gif

I'll pay the $8 bucks no questions asked. There is a lot of lake to keep plowed and lots of snow to move. Is it just me or is it always windy and blowing snow up there??

If you want to complain about lake access fees, cruise over to the Mille Lacs forum. $30-40 a day for a vehicle pulling a drop wheel fishhouse. Unreal! $8 isn't so bad now, is it?